Enabling WPA-PSK for network key in Wireless Network Prope..

Hi, I'm trying to connect to a network which uses WPA-PSK but cannot as my
computer does not seem to allow entry of WPA-PSK keys.
I'm using Windows XP SP2 which is fully updated through Windows Update both
Express and Custom.
When clicking Add in the "Wireless Network Connection Properties" dialog to
add a network the Network Authentication dropdown only shows "Open" and
"Shared" not "WPA-PSK" as shown in this article
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx

Any ideas how to enable this option so i can connect to the Wireless network?

What kind of wireless adapter are you using? Not all (and especially those
that are more than a few years old) support WPA. Try updating the driver
for the adapter if the adapter can support WPA.

-Yves

"Ed_Elek" <Ed_Elek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm trying to connect to a network which uses WPA-PSK but cannot as my
> computer does not seem to allow entry of WPA-PSK keys.
> I'm using Windows XP SP2 which is fully updated through Windows Update
> both
> Express and Custom.
> When clicking Add in the "Wireless Network Connection Properties" dialog
> add a network the Network Authentication dropdown only shows "Open" and
> "Shared" not "WPA-PSK" as shown in this article
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx
>
> Any ideas how to enable this option so i can connect to the Wireless
> network?

It should do WPA, it's a centrino laptop and the adapter is listed in this
list of WPA certified adapters http://www.net-security.org/article.php?id=637

i'll try updating the drivers

"Yves Konigshofer" wrote:

> What kind of wireless adapter are you using? Not all (and especially those
> that are more than a few years old) support WPA. Try updating the driver
> for the adapter if the adapter can support WPA.
>
> -Yves
>
> "Ed_Elek" <Ed_Elek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I'm trying to connect to a network which uses WPA-PSK but cannot as my
> > computer does not seem to allow entry of WPA-PSK keys.
> > I'm using Windows XP SP2 which is fully updated through Windows Update
> > both
> > Express and Custom.
> > When clicking Add in the "Wireless Network Connection Properties" dialog
> > add a network the Network Authentication dropdown only shows "Open" and
> > "Shared" not "WPA-PSK" as shown in this article
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_03july28.mspx
> >
> > Any ideas how to enable this option so i can connect to the Wireless
> > network?

Updated driver and it now recognises the Network as WPA secured and i can now
connect.

Thankyou