Finding netbios name of a remote machine.

Tags:
  • IP
  • Netbios
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 22, 2005 7:53:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hello,

Say virtual name "vname" associated with virtual ip "vip" is online on
a machine named "phyname" with actual ip "phyip" on the same adapter.
DNS entries are properly created. From another machine in the same
domain, how can I find the actual netbios name of phyname? As far as I
tried, nbtstat doesnt seem to be an option, since I cannot distinguish
between virtual and physical names from its output.

Thanks.

-rupesh.

More about : finding netbios remote machine

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 8:12:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

netapi32!NetWkstaGetInfo() seems to be one answer.

-rupesh.
!