Finding netbios name of a remote machine.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hello,

Say virtual name "vname" associated with virtual ip "vip" is online on
a machine named "phyname" with actual ip "phyip" on the same adapter.
DNS entries are properly created. From another machine in the same
domain, how can I find the actual netbios name of phyname? As far as I
tried, nbtstat doesnt seem to be an option, since I cannot distinguish
between virtual and physical names from its output.

Thanks.

-rupesh.
1 answer Last reply
More about finding netbios remote machine
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    netapi32!NetWkstaGetInfo() seems to be one answer.

    -rupesh.

IP Netbios Windows