Can I disable Media Sense at all?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hi,

After network device reset ther is no TCP connection for 8 seconds due to
Media Sense.
There was no connection break in earlier versions of Windows (before Media
Sense).
Disabling it with DisableDHCPMediaSense=1 does not make any difference..
Can I disable Media Sense at all or set some enlarged time-out?

Ed
2 answers Last reply
More about disable media sense
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    Just reboot after setting
    Arkady

    "Ed" <e_d_soft_at@at_mail.ru> wrote in message
    Hi,

    After network device reset ther is no TCP connection for 8 seconds due to
    Media Sense.
    There was no connection break in earlier versions of Windows (before Media
    Sense).
    Disabling it with DisableDHCPMediaSense=1 does not make any difference.
    Can I disable Media Sense at all or set some enlarged time-out?

    Ed
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:46:41 +0500, Arkady Frenkel
    <arkadyf@hotmailxdotx.com> wrote:

    Yes, I rebooted and noticed that TCP behaviour changed - now there is no
    reset of the TCP stack configuration after Media Off event.
    But it makes no good for me - there is still no connection
    8 seconds after device reset.
    I just want to disable Media Sense feature totally.

    Thanks anyway
    Ed

    > Just reboot after setting
    > Arkady

    > "Ed" <e_d_soft_at@at_mail.ru> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > After network device reset ther is no TCP connection for 8 seconds due to
    > Media Sense.
    > There was no connection break in earlier versions of Windows (before
    > Media
    > Sense).
    > Disabling it with DisableDHCPMediaSense=1 does not make any difference.
    > Can I disable Media Sense at all or set some enlarged time-out?

Connection TCP/IP Microsoft Windows