Sharing a USB modem through a wireless router

Windows XP Home edition
I have been using a my USB modem shared between a PC and notebook using a
X-over cable and Microsoft network. I have now connected a wireless router
and would still like to be able to share the modem. At the moment I can share
files, printers etc., but cannot see the modem remotely. Is there a fix for
this?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Lee.
2 answers Last reply
More about sharing modem wireless router

    Hi

    A regular Wireless Cable/DSL Router has No USB WAN port.

    There are ways to use it as an Access Point with a Switch
    (http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html ) installing it instead of the
    Crossover cable and using Software NAT (ICS). Such an arrangement some time
    work many time it ends too "Quirky". The best solution is the invest in an
    External Ethernet DSL Modem and "Ditch" the USB.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Lee Frost" <Lee Frost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Home edition
    > I have been using a my USB modem shared between a PC and notebook using a
    > X-over cable and Microsoft network. I have now connected a wireless router
    > and would still like to be able to share the modem. At the moment I can
    share
    > files, printers etc., but cannot see the modem remotely. Is there a fix
    for
    > this?
    > Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    > Lee.
  2. my name is engineer kunle, nigeria, the answer to the question is listed in the steps below.

    equipments needed: two server computers, switch,router and the usb modem
    step1: connect the usb modem to server1, and make sure its connected to the internet,
    step2: share the usb internet connection by going to the properties and allow other networks to connect
    step3: connect server1 to the switch
    step4: power on your wireless router and connect the cable to the "internet" port and the other end of the cable to the swicth

    for server2:
    step5: connect an internet cable to server2 and the other end of the cable to one of the ports in the router
    step6: run the driver that came with your router and follow the instructions
    step7:success.
    plz make sure your change the password and the router name

    here is my id kunle_jhn @ yahoo .com

Wireless Router Modem Microsoft Wireless Networking