Sharing a USB modem through a wireless router

Windows XP Home edition
I have been using a my USB modem shared between a PC and notebook using a
X-over cable and Microsoft network. I have now connected a wireless router
and would still like to be able to share the modem. At the moment I can share
files, printers etc., but cannot see the modem remotely. Is there a fix for
this?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Lee.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

A regular Wireless Cable/DSL Router has No USB WAN port.

There are ways to use it as an Access Point with a Switch
(http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html ) installing it instead of the
Crossover cable and using Software NAT (ICS). Such an arrangement some time
work many time it ends too "Quirky". The best solution is the invest in an
External Ethernet DSL Modem and "Ditch" the USB.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Lee Frost" <Lee Frost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Home edition
> I have been using a my USB modem shared between a PC and notebook using a
> X-over cable and Microsoft network. I have now connected a wireless router
> and would still like to be able to share the modem. At the moment I can
share
> files, printers etc., but cannot see the modem remotely. Is there a fix
for
> this?
> Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> Lee.

kunley123

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
my name is engineer kunle, nigeria, the answer to the question is listed in the steps below.

equipments needed: two server computers, switch,router and the usb modem
step1: connect the usb modem to server1, and make sure its connected to the internet,
step2: share the usb internet connection by going to the properties and allow other networks to connect
step3: connect server1 to the switch
step4: power on your wireless router and connect the cable to the "internet" port and the other end of the cable to the swicth

for server2:
step5: connect an internet cable to server2 and the other end of the cable to one of the ports in the router
step6: run the driver that came with your router and follow the instructions
step7:success.
plz make sure your change the password and the router name

here is my id kunle_jhn @ yahoo .com