kev

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

Hi All

Not sure whether this is the right group for this question. Forgive me if not.

I have a NT server acts as a file server (users save files on it and share
them) and users connect to it from their NT client machines. Is it possible
to find out which port(s) on the servers are used for this connection
activity, accessing files, mapping drives etc?

Many thanks

Kev

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

If you mean on client IMHO not , but on the server you can use GetTcpTable()
for that
Arkady

"Kev" <Kev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Not sure whether this is the right group for this question. Forgive me if
> not.
>
> I have a NT server acts as a file server (users save files on it and share
> them) and users connect to it from their NT client machines. Is it
> possible
> to find out which port(s) on the servers are used for this connection
> activity, accessing files, mapping drives etc?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Kev

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.tcpip (More info?)

For a good idea hit it with nmap, and if possible Ethereal for a view of the
actual traffic.

marioc@computer.org
http://bubbler.net/pages/560399