Panoramas with Epson 2100 inject printer

I bought Epson 2100 to print panoramas.
Driver says that max length for this printer is 32767 mm but I can’t
print longer than 11700mm.
The guy from Epson technical support confirmed by email that max is
11700mm but I am not sure that he is right.
Why than printing preferences box shows max 32767mm?

Regards,

Chris

www.booba.netfirms.com
6 answers Last reply
More about panoramas epson 2100 inject printer

    In article <4179C48B.BCF9CBD4@hotmail.com>,
    "chrisosostow(spam)"@hotmail.com (chris) wrote:

    > I bought Epson 2100 to print panoramas.
    > Driver says that max length for this printer is 32767 mm but I can’t
    > print longer than 11700mm.
    > The guy from Epson technical support confirmed by email that max is
    > 11700mm but I am not sure that he is right.
    > Why than printing preferences box shows max 32767mm?

    The length value is probably stored in a short integer data type, which is
    two bytes, or 16 bits long. Allowing one byte for the sign (plus or minus)
    that leaves 15 bits. The largest value that can be stored in 15 bits is
    32767.

    As to why the driver allows the full value of the short integer to be
    entered in the length field, instead of the longest permissible print
    length, can only be down to sloppy programming.

    Jon.

    Something doesn't seem correct here. 32767mm is almost 32 metres long.
    Even 11700mm almost 12 metres. I somehow doubt that's correct or that
    you'd have any need for a panorama of that length.

    The web site indicates the maximum printable area is 329mm x 483mm,
    which seems small. For a moment, let's assume you have a decimal point
    error and the real size is 3.2 metres (that's 10.5 feet) versus 1.2
    metres (or 4 feet).

    I do know that Photoshop had a bug in it that restricted the maximum
    printing size of an image (it restricted the total file size). I think
    they have recently fix this.

    Anyway, I would recheck that package, because the numbers you are
    presenting don't seem to make sense.

    Art

    chris wrote:

    > I bought Epson 2100 to print panoramas.
    > Driver says that max length for this printer is 32767 mm but I can’t
    > print longer than 11700mm.
    > The guy from Epson technical support confirmed by email that max is
    > 11700mm but I am not sure that he is right.
    > Why than printing preferences box shows max 32767mm?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > www.booba.netfirms.com

    On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:37:54 GMT, in comp.periphs.printers chris
    <"chrisosostow(spam)"@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I bought Epson 2100 to print panoramas.
    >Driver says that max length for this printer is 32767 mm but I can’t
    >print longer than 11700mm.
    >The guy from Epson technical support confirmed by email that max is
    >11700mm but I am not sure that he is right.
    >Why than printing preferences box shows max 32767mm?

    Are you printing from Photoshop? There have been threads before similar to
    this with respect to the 890/1280/1290. For my 1270 I'm able to print User
    Defined page sizes to 129" using Qimage. IIRC, the issue was found to be
    printing from PS.
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    "chris" <"chrisosostow(spam)"@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I bought Epson 2100 to print panoramas.
    > Driver says that max length for this printer is 32767 mm but I can't
    > print longer than 11700mm.
    > The guy from Epson technical support confirmed by email that max is
    > 11700mm but I am not sure that he is right.
    > Why than printing preferences box shows max 32767mm?

    Lots of references on the web to the 2200 model having a 44" limit.

    This has been discussed here before but I can't recall the outcome.

    chris <"chrisosostow(spam)"@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<4179C48B.BCF9CBD4@hotmail.com>...
    > I bought Epson 2100 to print panoramas.
    > Driver says that max length for this printer is 32767 mm but I can?t
    > print longer than 11700mm.
    > The guy from Epson technical support confirmed by email that max is
    > 11700mm but I am not sure that he is right.
    > Why than printing preferences box shows max 32767mm?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chris
    >
    > www.booba.netfirms.com

    You can try to overcome this limit by using Qimage. Qimage has an
    option to do some kind of poster printing, i.e. you can split the job
    in two or more parts.
    You can set up Qimage not to send a formfeed.
    I read about this at
    http://www.outbackphoto.com/printinginsights/pi028/essay.html#pano

    Winfried

    Thanks All for useful tips.

    I will try Qimage.

    I started with my panos with Epson 890 http://www.booba.netfirms.com/workshop/warsztat_eng.htm

    When I switched to Epson 2100 theirs lenght almost doubled…:))

    Regards,

    Chris

Printers Epson Peripherals