Gigabyte or Asus Motherboard for AMD Processor...

Morphis

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Hi fellas...
I received your great replys about the suitable motherboards for AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ and above Dual-core processors...
And I noticed It was mainly Asus and Gigabyte motherboards...
If I have to choose between these two , which one you consider it better match for AMD processor and why...
If there is any other alternatives let me know...
Thanx alot ...

pat

Expert
Hi fellas...
I received your great replys about the suitable motherboards for AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ and above Dual-core processors...
And I noticed It was mainly Asus and Gigabyte motherboards...
If I have to choose between these two , which one you consider it better match for AMD processor and why...
If there is any other alternatives let me know...
Thanx alot ...

This should belong to the motherboard section...

the_guru

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
There are many motherboards to choose from. Are you going to play games? Do you need special feature? Dual Network? SLI? Crossfire? Passive(silent) cooling?

Minerva

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
Howzit Guys

I thought i will post on this one, just because i am a system builder, and would like to add my 2c worth.

I prefer the Gigabyte mobo's to the asus counterparts just because of the layout of all the connectors on the board firstly, and secondly because of the bios, I have never liked the phoenix biosses, the interface just doesn't suit me at all. As far as performance goes, i personally think that they run neck in neck so there should not be much of a difference. I am not sure what the guarantees are like in your part of the world but here in south africa, the gigabyte boards come with a 3year guarantee, where as the asus only has 1 year, i reckon that is also a big factor for me to choose the gigabyte.
I also just bought my new pc after it was stolen, so i will post some details as soon as i have done a few tests etc. Running a gigabyte GA-K8-PRO-SLi

enjoy!

baracuda73

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
I would go with the Gigabyte board, I have 2 buddies with the Asus board and both had trouble getting them up and running glitch here, glitch there and neither are very stable.

INeedCache

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I have built many custom systems as well, and I have had much better results in terms of reliability and stability, and thus customer satisfaction, from Gigabyte over Asus. This is not to say Asus boards aren't good, it's just that I have had mixed results in my experiences with Asus.