Printer/Networking question

suspect0

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2003
Hello all,

So I am about to buy a new printer and I have a question that hopefully someone here can help me answer. First of all, let me describe my setup: I have a windows PC connected via ethernet to a wireless internet router, which also serves my 12" PB with internet access.

My plan was to buy an ethernet ready printer (probably the HP Laserjet 1022N), and connect the printer via ethernet to the the wireless router.

Now, will that configuration 1) wirelessly serve my powerbook for printing and 2) also serve my PC which is not itself wireless, but directly connected to the router?

The only other option I can think of is the most expensive, ie, the printer with the built in wireless that can be directly connected to the PC via USB and also serve the PB with its own wireless broadcast. at least $100 more...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!

-Steve

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Yes you system will work. Most apples use Postscript drives. I have a 4100DN connected to a wired router, Where my LT is conected wirelessly through a AP. My PM7500 is wired, and 2 other PC wired. Make sure you get a printer that you can boost the ram in. Postscript files are large.