How is WXP-Home registry cleaned?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

On another MS NG I was told to leave the registry alone - but what about the
hundreds of useless keys/trash that collects there? When we had W98SE we
used Regedit, but what is used for WXP-Home? Anyone?

I can't believe no one cleans the registry in XP.

FS........
4 answers Last reply
More about home registry cleaned
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    Whatever you did with win9x you can probably still do with Windows XP using
    regedit but unless you have a compelling reason to do so, it's best to leave
    the registry intact.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "~ FreeSpirit ~" wrote:
    | On another MS NG I was told to leave the registry alone - but what about
    the
    | hundreds of useless keys/trash that collects there? When we had W98SE we
    | used Regedit, but what is used for WXP-Home? Anyone?
    |
    | I can't believe no one cleans the registry in XP.
    |
    | FS........

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    "Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
    > Whatever you did with win9x you can probably still do with Windows XP
    using
    > regedit but unless you have a compelling reason to do so, it's best to
    leave
    > the registry intact.

    # What do you do when there are thousands of unnecessary keys there? Just
    leave them? Don't they slow down the PC?

    FS...............
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    Really shouldn't pose a problem.

    --

    "~ FreeSpirit ~" wrote:
    | # What do you do when there are thousands of unnecessary keys there? Just
    | leave them? Don't they slow down the PC?
    |
    | FS...............

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    The program that I use is "JV16": http://www.jv16.org/ .

    --
    Gene K
    "~ FreeSpirit ~" <spammenot@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > On another MS NG I was told to leave the registry alone - but what about
    the
    > hundreds of useless keys/trash that collects there? When we had W98SE we
    > used Regedit, but what is used for WXP-Home? Anyone?
    >
    > I can't believe no one cleans the registry in XP.

Registry Microsoft Windows