Folders on a Compact Flash card

September 2, 2004 9:25:12 AM

I can't seem to see anything on the CF card that is not
in the "root" directory. I have a Dell Axim X5. My
digital camera puts the jpg files in a sub-sub folder but
all I can see is the first folder. I've tried moving the
files around on my pc with a cf reader and the only files
I can see on the X5 are the ones in the root directory on
the CF card. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chad
Anonymous
September 2, 2004 10:29:42 AM

Toss the CF card in a storage card reader connected to a PC and check if
there is a file called "ignore_my_documents" on the card. If it is
there, that is preventing the PPC from reading it as expected. You can
delete it (or rename it if you feel uncomfortable deleting it) to be
able to read the card from the PPC.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

Chad wrote:
> I can't seem to see anything on the CF card that is not
> in the "root" directory. I have a Dell Axim X5. My
> digital camera puts the jpg files in a sub-sub folder but
> all I can see is the first folder. I've tried moving the
> files around on my pc with a cf reader and the only files
> I can see on the X5 are the ones in the root directory on
> the CF card. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Chad

September 2, 2004 1:58:53 PM

That file was present on the card, I deleted it but I
still couldn't see anything beyond the root directory.
Where does that file come from? I noticed it the other
day, it appears to created by the PPC. Thanks.

September 2, 2004 7:24:46 PM

Try creating a My Documents Folder on the card, then delete the
ignore_my_docs file. see if that helps. you may have to move the pictures
to the my document folder to view them from with an app on the pocketpc.

"Chad" <ccarriero@ameritech.net> wrote in message
That file was present on the card, I deleted it but I
still couldn't see anything beyond the root directory.
Where does that file come from? I noticed it the other
day, it appears to created by the PPC. Thanks.

Anonymous
September 2, 2004 7:39:08 PM

Chad,
PkPC doesn't do sub folders when synching. Is there any way to get the
camera to stores pictures in a file of your choice?
Other than that I can't think of a way.
Ray
>I can't seem to see anything on the CF card that is not
> in the "root" directory. I have a Dell Axim X5. My
> digital camera puts the jpg files in a sub-sub folder but
> all I can see is the first folder. I've tried moving the
> files around on my pc with a cf reader and the only files
> I can see on the X5 are the ones in the root directory on
> the CF card. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Chad

September 2, 2004 7:39:09 PM

I failed to mention that I pull the cf card from the
camera and put it directly in my Dell PkPc. So I don't
think there is any syncing going on.
Thanks.

!