automtic incrementing strength during play

Anyone knows free or commercial chess engin that automtically increment

strength during play.

tia

ceebee

"umar" <umar72@gmail.com> wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

> Anyone knows free or commercial chess engin that automtically increment
>
> strength during play.

Go tractor pulling.

What kind of a weird opponent will become stronger during a game?

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***

Ruud

I know of Saitek Centurion, a chess computer that adapts to your playing
strength during a game; it will try to keep the evaluation during a game at
+0.00 or -0.00.
It's not sofware and it's not free though.
But it does excist if you want it.
"CeeBee" <ceebeechester@start.com.au> schreef in bericht
> "umar" <umar72@gmail.com> wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:
>
>> Anyone knows free or commercial chess engin that automtically increment
>>
>> strength during play.
>

> Go tractor pulling.
>
> What kind of a weird opponent will become stronger during a game?
>
> --
> CeeBee
>
> ***The cookie has spoken***

I got your idea of the question. Every chess engine have some strength
beyon that is not possible, but it is quite possible to start with
weaker engine and become stronger to its limits during play.

Well the real AI for chess engine is to increase or decrease its
strength and other parameters during a single game.

Power Chess by Sierra make opponent (the king) more stronger every game
you play.
http://www.thecomputershow.com/computershow/previews/powerchess.htm

computer players of "Chessmaster" have many attributes that makes its
playing strength weak or strong, but i don't know if they have some
option to play against some chessmater player that changes its
strength of play (from weaker player upto it maximum limits).

ceebee

"umar" <umar72@gmail.com> wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

> Well the real AI for chess engine is to increase or decrease its
> strength and other parameters during a single game.
>
> Power Chess by Sierra make opponent (the king) more stronger every game
> you play.

I know, I own all the versions of Powerchess, but it's not what you asked.
Almost every chess program has the ability to adapt to your play based on
results from former games. All the ChessBase engines in the Fritz GUI have
such a mode also, Friend Mode.

But neither of this is increasing strenght _during one single game_, which
is what you asked. The Friend mode, and other adaptations of strenght like
Powerchess also does, is more the idea of getting a new opponent in a swiss
competition: if you lose, you'll be paired to a weaker opponent, if you win,
you'll be paired to a stronger one.

If that's enough for you, you can choose any of the commercial ChessBase
ches engines.

--
CeeBee

***The cookie has spoken***

Yes thats great, thanks.

But I am still intresting in, if someone implement this functionality
in future version of his chess engine.

thanks again for your reply :)