Usb001 port missing

jessebaby

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
I cannot install new printer Epson sx218 as laptop will not recognise printer after software installed via disc. Printer not recognised message keeps coming up. Tried downloading new drivers but same problem. Epson support said I needed USB001 port which was not listed, and blamed my HP notebook. I am running Windows 7 on 64 bit, but tried it on another laptop running Windows 7 32 bit and same problem - printer not recognised" and no USB001 port listed, so cannot be a pc fault. I am not technically adept, but surely this problem can be easily solved! :(

pknut

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Try going to device manager and remove all USB from the list. Unplug all the USB devices as well...then reboot. Insert DVD then plug in the Epson printer.

Another option would be to just by a USB print server. Let me know if either works.

jessebaby

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011

Got talked through the above by Epson Support, still no change. Sorry, what is a USB print server?
PS. Printer has been returned. Now need to know what is a 'compatible' printer to buy!?

jessebaby

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Ah. thanks. Understood. Will investigate further. Why does it have to be so complicated!? It's ironic that my 4 year old HP printer/scanner will just plug into a usb port on my laptop, and my friend's - and work! With no software installation, as it's out of date.

Mike86

Honorable
May 16, 2012
I have an issue with installing HP printer. the USB001 virtual port does not exist in the ports option, there are only LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, COM1 to COM4, FILE:(print to file) and TCP/IP, that's when I click on add a local printer. so I can't see USB. where is the USB001 here the question!? I did check with other PC's and they have USB001 virtual port. any solution please?

TRENDING THREADS