Registry Duplicates?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

I have noticed that in the registry, under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, I have
literally hundreds and hundreds of entries that are in the form of:

eg1 - 'AppManager' and then one immediately underneath it as 'AppManager.1'
eg2 - 'AMOVIE.ActiveMovie Control' and then one immediately underneath it as
AMOVIE.ActiveMovie.2'
eg3 - AMtoolbar.AMtoolbar and then one immediately underneath it as
AMtoolbar.AMToolbar.1

They seem to have the same data withing the key. Is it OK to delete the keys
with the *.1 or *.2 as they have the same data and hence make the registry a
lot smaller?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards
1 answer Last reply
More about registry duplicates
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    I would leave it alone. Why are you even digging around in there? ARe you
    having a problem?

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "NoWaySpammers" <davecrispy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have noticed that in the registry, under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, I have
    > literally hundreds and hundreds of entries that are in the form of:
    >
    > eg1 - 'AppManager' and then one immediately underneath it as
    'AppManager.1'
    > eg2 - 'AMOVIE.ActiveMovie Control' and then one immediately underneath it
    as
    > AMOVIE.ActiveMovie.2'
    > eg3 - AMtoolbar.AMtoolbar and then one immediately underneath it as
    > AMtoolbar.AMToolbar.1
    >
    > They seem to have the same data withing the key. Is it OK to delete the
    keys
    > with the *.1 or *.2 as they have the same data and hence make the registry
    > lot smaller?
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    >
    > Regards

Registry Microsoft Windows