Message for boB

boB,

I've been getting to grips with various helibirds and I'm reasonably
proficient with the default Bell 206 (which you might say is too easy!) I've
also tried a couple of Sikorsky's and managed eventually to be able to land
them - well 70% of the time!

Today I d/loaded from Avsim one that you might have tried, an EC120B Colibri
and I find it an absolute pig to land. Getting it to slow down and come to a
hover is virtually impossible. However, it may be more realistic than others
I've tried and this is where you come in. If you haven't tried it maybe you
would be kind enough to d/load it and let me have your opinion? The file
name is ec120b_usa.zip which is the complete package using the original
model by Francesim.com but with US repaints by José Luis Ramírez de Arellano
Marco.

Thanks - I look forward to your assessment. :0))

Iain

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

IAIN SMITH wrote:

> boB,
>
> I've been getting to grips with various helibirds and I'm reasonably
> proficient with the default Bell 206 (which you might say is too easy!) I've
> also tried a couple of Sikorsky's and managed eventually to be able to land
> them - well 70% of the time!
>
> Today I d/loaded from Avsim one that you might have tried, an EC120B Colibri
> and I find it an absolute pig to land. Getting it to slow down and come to a
> hover is virtually impossible. However, it may be more realistic than others
> I've tried and this is where you come in. If you haven't tried it maybe you
> would be kind enough to d/load it and let me have your opinion? The file
> name is ec120b_usa.zip which is the complete package using the original
> model by Francesim.com but with US repaints by José Luis Ramírez de Arellano
> Marco.
>
> Thanks - I look forward to your assessment. :0))
>
> Iain

I have it in my aircraft list. I'll fly it in a little while. But
having it available and not remembering flying it, could mean something. :)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

IAIN SMITH wrote:

> boB,
>
> I've been getting to grips with various helibirds and I'm reasonably
> proficient with the default Bell 206 (which you might say is too easy!) I've
> also tried a couple of Sikorsky's and managed eventually to be able to land
> them - well 70% of the time!
>
> Today I d/loaded from Avsim one that you might have tried, an EC120B Colibri
> and I find it an absolute pig to land. Getting it to slow down and come to a
> hover is virtually impossible. However, it may be more realistic than others
> I've tried and this is where you come in. If you haven't tried it maybe you
> would be kind enough to d/load it and let me have your opinion? The file
> name is ec120b_usa.zip which is the complete package using the original
> model by Francesim.com but with US repaints by José Luis Ramírez de Arellano
> Marco.
>
> Thanks - I look forward to your assessment. :0))
>
> Iain

Hi Iain,

The E120 I have was a hovercontrol one. I downloaded the version you
are flying and it is very hard to maintain an apparent brisk walk all
the way down to termination to a hover or to the ground. I took a lot
of screen captures but it's not worth going through them. That whole
aircraft does not feel right. I mean it's not right for a simulator
helicopter, we aren't comparing to the real thing of course. You must be
getting good to be able to detect a deficiency like that one. :)

As for me, I will not fly that model again and will delete it from my
aircraft list.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

IAIN SMITH wrote:

> boB,
>
> I've been getting to grips with various helibirds and I'm reasonably
> proficient with the default Bell 206 (which you might say is too easy!) I've
> also tried a couple of Sikorsky's and managed eventually to be able to land
> them - well 70% of the time!
>
> Today I d/loaded from Avsim one that you might have tried, an EC120B Colibri
> and I find it an absolute pig to land. Getting it to slow down and come to a
> hover is virtually impossible. However, it may be more realistic than others
> I've tried and this is where you come in. If you haven't tried it maybe you
> would be kind enough to d/load it and let me have your opinion? The file
> name is ec120b_usa.zip which is the complete package using the original
> model by Francesim.com but with US repaints by José Luis Ramírez de Arellano
> Marco.
>
> Thanks - I look forward to your assessment. :0))
>
> Iain

I remember the name. I'll look to see if I still have it in the list.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)