Will a hotfix help me with "Drag-to-disk 6" instead of "In..

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
usually clash / dont like each other.

"Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> Will
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> hotfix help me with "Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48" instead of "InCD 4"? I get an
> error "Windows was unable to complete the format" even after uninstalling
> the Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I nether used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
"Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
> usually clash / dont like each other.
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > Will

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> > hotfix help me with "Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48" instead of "InCD 4"? I get
an
> > error "Windows was unable to complete the format" even after
uninstalling
> > the Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I never used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
"Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
> usually clash / dont like each other.
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > Will

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> > hotfix help me with "Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48" instead of "InCD 4"? I get
an
> > error "Windows was unable to complete the format" even after
uninstalling
> > the Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48.

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

They use both Windows Explorer though dont they??

Also disable XP's burning that wont help if its enabled either.

>I nether used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
>> usually clash / dont like each other.
>>
>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> > Will
>> >
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
>> > hotfix help me with "Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48" instead of "InCD 4"? I get
> an
>> > error "Windows was unable to complete the format" even after
> uninstalling
>> > the Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

XP's burning was disabled.
Yes. INCD and Drag-to-disk use Windows Explorer.
> They use both Windows Explorer though dont they??
>
> Also disable XP's burning that wont help if its enabled either.
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> >I nether used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
> >> usually clash / dont like each other.
> >>
> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> > an
> > uninstalling

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I dont think it matters whether u use them together or not.

Theyre both installed.

And that maybe why youre having problems.

>I never used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
>> usually clash / dont like each other.
>>
>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> > Will
>> >
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
>> > hotfix help me with "Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48" instead of "InCD 4"? I get
> an
>> > error "Windows was unable to complete the format" even after
> uninstalling
>> > the Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

They are not both installed. I have not said that I installed the INCD ever.
> I dont think it matters whether u use them together or not.
>
> Theyre both installed.
>
> And that maybe why youre having problems.
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> >I never used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> Use one or the other not both INCD and CD Creator. They
> >> usually clash / dont like each other.
> >>
> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> > an
> > uninstalling

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Ah ok sorry bout that. Either get an update for drag to disk if there is
one.

The only other thing is the CD's you're using are faulty. Or something
why they can't format.

> They are not both installed. I have not said that I installed the INCD
> ever.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> I dont think it matters whether u use them together or not.
>>
>> Theyre both installed.
>>
>> And that maybe why youre having problems.
>>

>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> >I never used "INCD and CD Creator" together.
>> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> get
>> > an
>> > uninstalling

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

The latest update for drag to disk was installed.
The disk is not faulty, because drag to disk was able to full format it.
> Ah ok sorry bout that. Either get an update for drag to disk if there is
> one.
>
> The only other thing is the CD's you're using are faulty. Or something
> why they can't format.
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > They are not both installed. I have not said that I installed the INCD
> > ever.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> I dont think it matters whether u use them together or not.
> >>
> >> Theyre both installed.
> >>
> >> And that maybe why youre having problems.
> >>

> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> > get

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

So, what was the prob if u can format? i thought that was
the problem. That u couldnt?

> The latest update for drag to disk was installed.
> The disk is not faulty, because drag to disk was able to full format it.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Ah ok sorry bout that. Either get an update for drag to disk if there is
>> one.
>>
>> The only other thing is the CD's you're using are faulty. Or something
>> why they can't format.
>>
>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> > They are not both installed. I have not said that I installed the INCD
>> > ever.
>> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
>> > get

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

1. I want to format DVD-RAM in FAT32. Drag-to-disk formatted DVD-RAM can be
used on a computer with installed Drag-to-disk 6 or later only.
2. The "Drag-to-disk 6.1.1.48" is uninstalled.
> So, what was the prob if u can format? i thought that was
> the problem. That u couldnt?
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > The latest update for drag to disk was installed.
> > The disk is not faulty, because drag to disk was able to full format it.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> Ah ok sorry bout that. Either get an update for drag to disk if there
is
> >> one.
> >>
> >> The only other thing is the CD's you're using are faulty. Or something
> >> why they can't format.
> >>
> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
INCD

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Windows XP (not Drag to disk) can not format DVD-RAM.
"Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> So, what was the prob if u can format? i thought that was
> the problem. That u couldnt?
>
> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > The latest update for drag to disk was installed.
> > The disk is not faulty, because drag to disk was able to full format it.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> Ah ok sorry bout that. Either get an update for drag to disk if there
is
> >> one.
> >>
> >> The only other thing is the CD's you're using are faulty. Or something
> >> why they can't format.
> >>
> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
INCD

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Well its not readable in other systems until you finalise it.

This is the same for normal CD's, when you use drag to disc.
Once finalsed, everything else will read it.

> Windows XP (not Drag to disk) can not format DVD-RAM.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> So, what was the prob if u can format? i thought that was
>> the problem. That u couldnt?
>>
>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> > The latest update for drag to disk was installed.
>> > The disk is not faulty, because drag to disk was able to full format
>> > it.
>> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> is

> INCD

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> 4"?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I don't have a problem with reading, but formatting to FAT32 using Windows
XP.
> Well its not readable in other systems until you finalise it.
>
> This is the same for normal CD's, when you use drag to disc.
> Once finalsed, everything else will read it.
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > Windows XP (not Drag to disk) can not format DVD-RAM.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> So, what was the prob if u can format? i thought that was
> >> the problem. That u couldnt?
> >>
> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> > is

> > INCD

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
> > 4"?

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Ah ok. Well I would install SP2 for XP. That'll fix it. The cdrom.sys file
in SP2, is a later version that whats on the site you gave.

>I don't have a problem with reading, but formatting to FAT32 using Windows
> XP.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Well its not readable in other systems until you finalise it.
>>
>> This is the same for normal CD's, when you use drag to disc.
>> Once finalsed, everything else will read it.
>>

>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> > Windows XP (not Drag to disk) can not format DVD-RAM.
>> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message

> there
>> > is

> something

>> > INCD

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH
>> > 4"?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

The SP2 for XP is too big to download.
> Ah ok. Well I would install SP2 for XP. That'll fix it. The cdrom.sys file
> in SP2, is a later version that whats on the site you gave.
>

> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
> >I don't have a problem with reading, but formatting to FAT32 using
Windows
> > XP.
> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> >> Well its not readable in other systems until you finalise it.
> >>
> >> This is the same for normal CD's, when you use drag to disc.
> >> Once finalsed, everything else will read it.
> >>

> >> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message

> > there

> > something

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I know it is, I'm on 56k I still managed to get
it with a download manager. Took a while but was worth
it. I got the 266mb file. The smaller install files, you maybe
able to get now/shortly. 70 or 92 mb I think they are.

Just get a download manager (like getright or something). Leave
it going overnight. If you're on unlimited access thru your ISP.

> The SP2 for XP is too big to download.
> "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> Ah ok. Well I would install SP2 for XP. That'll fix it. The cdrom.sys
>> file
>> in SP2, is a later version that whats on the site you gave.
>>

>> "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ruDELETE> wrote in message
>> >I don't have a problem with reading, but formatting to FAT32 using
> Windows
>> > XP.
>> > "Paul" <noone@home.com> wrote in message

> format
>> > there

>> > something

> the

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836165&FR=1&PA=1&SD=HSCH

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Installing SP2 for XP have not helped!