I can not "see" my wireless network

yesteday everything worked.

Today - my new XP lFijitsu/Siemens laptop can not connect to the wireless
network as it can not see any. Usually both my and my neigbours is seen.

I have a Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN card - which is enabled and OK by self
test.

I have restarted, reinstalled - Now I do not know what to do.

/Steffen

Malke

Steffen wrote:

> yesteday everything worked.
>
> Today - my new XP lFijitsu/Siemens laptop can not connect to the
> wireless network as it can not see any. Usually both my and my
> neigbours is seen.
>
> I have a Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN card - which is enabled and OK by
> self test.
>
> I have restarted, reinstalled - Now I do not know what to do.
>
> /Steffen

Just to be sure - is the wireless on? Most modern laptops come with a
button, switch, or FN-key combo that turns the wireless on/off. Perhaps
yours got switched off inadvertently? Can't hurt to check.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com