Cant install windows 7 64 bit

i get an error message that says not compatible with my processor even tho i have a 64 bit processor. ive tried everything but im out of options.
17 answers Last reply
More about cant install windows
  1. What are your system specifications? M/b and processor at least.
  2. im not sure laptop isnt with me. its a compaq cq60 with amd processor 2ghz and 2 gig memory. it came with vista 64 bit but i had to replace the hard drive and i put windows 7 32 bit on it.
  3. AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core QL-62 CPU
  4. ford1286 said:
    im not sure laptop isnt with me. its a compaq cq60 with amd processor 2ghz and 2 gig memory. it came with vista 64 bit but i had to replace the hard drive and i put windows 7 32 bit on it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions
  5. i tried doing the fresh install but the dvd will not boot up to the install
  6. The dvd will boot on other comuters but mine. it installs vista just fine from a boot on mine
  7. Were you originally trying to install from within Windows? You can't do that to install a 64-bit system on 32-bit Windows - which would explain the error message.

You have to, as you have tried, boot from the DVD to install. I've no idea why the Windows 7 DVD won't boot on your PC. I can only think that that particular DVD drive and that particular DVD don't want to play; it happens. I have some DVDs that work fine on my laptop but throw up errors on my desktop.
  8. its weird cause i have also tried copying the windows dvd to a usb flash drive and when i boot from the flash drive it says invalid drive or whatever
  9. im wondering if the iso is missing or something like that
  10. Is this a genuine Microsoft DVD or a burned copy? It's not unusual to have problems with DVDs burned on a different computer.
  11. it is a burned copy. is there anyway to create an iso to make it work with the dvd?
  12. Where did the original come from? It should be an ISO file.
  13. a buddy of mine burned it for me. and he said it works on his but for the life of me i cant get it to boot from mine
  14. If you're current OS is running properly and you don't have more than 3GB of RAM then it may be wise to stay with your 32Bit OS.
  15. So where's your original disk. Else how did you get a valid key?
  16. I used windows 7 loader
  17. Ah - Piracy! No wonder you're having problems.

End of conversation.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Processors Error Message Compatibility