Canon i965 and inksupply ink

Printing on glossy papers (canon pr101) i noticed that the red is not red
but seems more magenta.I use inks from inksupply.Does anybody else had this
issue?
Can you suggest me any other ink?
thanks in advance

"deus" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> Printing on glossy papers (canon pr101) i noticed that the red is not red
> but seems more magenta.I use inks from inksupply.Does anybody else had
> this
> issue?
> Can you suggest me any other ink?
> thanks in advance

Try setting the paper type in the driver to 'Plain Paper'
This sometimes works when using 3rd party papers with Canon Inks and have
also seen it work with 3rd Party inks on canon Papers.

"deus" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> Printing on glossy papers (canon pr101) i noticed that the red is not red
> but seems more magenta.I use inks from inksupply.Does anybody else had this
> issue?
> Can you suggest me any other ink?
> thanks in advance

Red is made of magenta and yellow. Is your yellow printing properly?

As for other ink, the obvious choice for a Canon printer would be Canon ink....

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

The yellow is just fine.
I have a question (maybe is stupid):As we can see the 90% of the users that
have a printer,use compatible cartridges or refill with 3rd party inks.The
various companies like HP , CANON ,EPSON etc can do nothing to stop them.So
why they don't sell their own ink as bulk like the other 3rd companies?
I think that everyone would buy from them the ORIGINAL ink.

deus wrote:
> The yellow is just fine.
> I have a question (maybe is stupid):As we can see the 90% of the users that
> have a printer,use compatible cartridges or refill with 3rd party inks.The
> various companies like HP , CANON ,EPSON etc can do nothing to stop them.So
> why they don't sell their own ink as bulk like the other 3rd companies?
> I think that everyone would buy from them the ORIGINAL ink.

Hardware, the printer, is sold for almost cost, no profit, all the
profit comes from supplies like ink and paper. When 3rd party ink
become a large enough factor for the printer Co's. you will see a
change in pricing structure.

Mickey

bill

deus wrote:

>I have a question (maybe is stupid):As we can see the 90% of the users that
>have a printer,use compatible cartridges or refill with 3rd party inks.

Actually, only the relatively few people we see posting here use refill
inks or compatible cartridges. The vast majority of users go to the
store and pick up original cartridges and pay the high prices for their
ink.

As an example, a good friend of mine is shopping for a new printer. She
likes HP and won't buy anything else. That's fine, but she also won't
refill - too much hassle and she doesn't fully trust the third party ink
suppliers.

>why they don't sell their own ink as bulk like the other 3rd companies?
>I think that everyone would buy from them the ORIGINAL ink.

If Canon did that at a reasonable price, I'd buy it from them, but I
know it will never happen. Since these companies make very little from
selling the printers, they have to make their money on the consumables
(ink and paper).

Can't beat the Formulalab bulk ink from www.alotofthings.com

PC Medic wrote:
> "deus" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
>> Printing on glossy papers (canon pr101) i noticed that the red is
>> not red but seems more magenta.I use inks from inksupply.Does
>> anybody else had this
>> issue?
>> Can you suggest me any other ink?
>> thanks in advance
>>

> Try setting the paper type in the driver to 'Plain Paper'
> This sometimes works when using 3rd party papers with Canon Inks and
> have also seen it work with 3rd Party inks on canon Papers.

From my knowledge, setting it to plain paper reduces printing resolution to
half...printer has 4800 dpi only if set to photo paper, while on plain has
max 2400 dpi. Maybe it's better idea to set color adjustment to manual and
from there increase yellow a bit.

Are you sure that is formulabs?I see nothing in site.
Can they send in greece?
Thanks

"Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
> Can't beat the Formulalab bulk ink from www.alotofthings.com
>
> "deus" <luckyone@iol.it> wrote in message
> > Printing on glossy papers (canon pr101) i noticed that the red is not
red
> > but seems more magenta.I use inks from inksupply.Does anybody else had
> this
> > issue?
> > Can you suggest me any other ink?
> > thanks in advance

Actually it does say on their site, but I think it is at the bottom of
a page so you have to scroll all the way down. Ask them about mailing
overseas.

deus wrote:
> Printing on glossy papers (canon pr101) i noticed that the red is not red
> but seems more magenta.I use inks from inksupply.Does anybody else had this
> issue?
> Can you suggest me any other ink?
> thanks in advance

http://www.inksupply.com/

MIS Associates has great ink. Can't tell the difference from original
Canon ink. I am assuming that is the same place you are talking about
when you say ink supply. Try changing the settings in the printer
driver. Less cyan makes more red.

BURT

Read the following site for good info on papers, inks, and printers.
http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html