DDR Not Showing?

I recently had a couple of upgrades put on my computer....not by me, I'm
only a novice. The upgrades are as follows,

1. AMD Athlon 1700 XP, upgraded to, AMD Athlon 2400 XP
2. 512 meg sdram, upgraded to, 512 DDR

Question.
When I go to System Properties it shows that the CPU has been upgraded
from 1700 to 2400 but it shows 512 MB of RAM, not 512 DDR as I would
have expected. Is this correct or have I been "ripped off"?

Any help would be appreciated

MikeW

Does your motherboard support DDR?

Bobby

"MikeW" <MikeW@spammenot.con> wrote in message
>I recently had a couple of upgrades put on my computer....not by me, I'm
> only a novice. The upgrades are as follows,
>
> 1. AMD Athlon 1700 XP, upgraded to, AMD Athlon 2400 XP
> 2. 512 meg sdram, upgraded to, 512 DDR
>
> Question.
> When I go to System Properties it shows that the CPU has been upgraded
> from 1700 to 2400 but it shows 512 MB of RAM, not 512 DDR as I would
> have expected. Is this correct or have I been "ripped off"?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> MikeW

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

I would think that if the motherboard didn't support DDR memory then it
wouldn't boot.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:20:05 +0000 (UTC), MikeW wrote:
> Question.
> When I go to System Properties it shows that the CPU has been upgraded
> from 1700 to 2400 but it shows 512 MB of RAM, not 512 DDR as I would
> have expected. Is this correct or have I been "ripped off"?
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> MikeW

It might be correct. You need to use a more sophisticated program to
determine the RAM type, as it will not show up in the system properties.

Personally, I recommend you try everest home edtition, it's free for
personal use, go to: http://www.lavalys.com

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

--
Zoltan Fekete <zoltanf@neobee.net>
Microsoft Certified Professional

YU Spin d.o.o. Novi Sad - http://www.yuspin.co.yu
NetSee Network Utility - http://yuspin.metrohive.net/netsee

"Zoltan Fekete" <zoltanf@neobee.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:20:05 +0000 (UTC), MikeW wrote:
> > Question.
> > When I go to System Properties it shows that the CPU has been
upgraded
> > from 1700 to 2400 but it shows 512 MB of RAM, not 512 DDR as I would
> > have expected. Is this correct or have I been "ripped off"?
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated
> >
> > MikeW
>
> It might be correct. You need to use a more sophisticated program to
> determine the RAM type, as it will not show up in the system
properties.

> Personally, I recommend you try everest home edtition, it's free for
> personal use, go to: http://www.lavalys.com
>
> Hope this helps.
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Zoltan Fekete <zoltanf@neobee.net>
> Microsoft Certified Professional
>
> YU Spin d.o.o. Novi Sad - http://www.yuspin.co.yu
> NetSee Network Utility - http://yuspin.metrohive.net/netsee

Hi Zoltan,

Did what you said and downloaded Everest Home Edition. Brilliant
program. It did in fact show that I have 512 DDR memory. Many thanks for
your help.

MikeW