Delete registry entry

pF

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hello,

Ad-aware found Newdotnew and I allowed Ad-aware remove it. Unfortunately it
was not completely removed. After a lot of attempts I am now stuck with an
entry in registry as follows:
New.net Startup REG_Z rundll32
c:\progra~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
This entry is the last remains of Newdotnet at least the last I can find.
Any ideas of what to do next.
I am not able to remove this neither by using msconfig or by deleting the
entry in registry. When I delete the entry in registry, then focus on
another directory and come back, the entry is there again!!!
This means that whenever I boot I get the message "Unable to locate etc..."

--
Regards
Poul

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

For accurate information and uninstall instructions, please visit
http://www.newdotnet.info.

Customer Support
New.net, Inc.

"pf" <copics@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OyNJeRfjEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Hello,
>
> Ad-aware found Newdotnew and I allowed Ad-aware remove it. Unfortunately it
> was not completely removed. After a lot of attempts I am now stuck with an
> entry in registry as follows:
> New.net Startup REG_Z rundll32
> c:\progra~1\NEWDOT~1\NEWDOT~2.DLL,NewDotNetStartup -s
> This entry is the last remains of Newdotnet at least the last I can find.
> Any ideas of what to do next.
> I am not able to remove this neither by using msconfig or by deleting the
> entry in registry. When I delete the entry in registry, then focus on
> another directory and come back, the entry is there again!!!
> This means that whenever I boot I get the message "Unable to locate etc..."

TRENDING THREADS