How to display drive image as virtual logical disc

Sachin

Distinguished
May 10, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hi experts
I have a question related with logical drives. I don't know
what is the suitable newsgroup for my question If there is another newsgroup
for this question then please tell me. My question is
Suppose there are two drives in my system C and D. I have an image of C
drive in a file. I want to mount this file(which has C drive image) as a
virtual logical disk.I have no idea how to preceed in this way. Please
suggest.
Thanks

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

What kind of file is your image? You didn't mention it.
If the image file is made by Ghost,you can use Ghost Explorer to open the
file and get what you want instead.

--
Regards,
Heelen Diyond...

"Sachin" <cmanoj@stellarinfo.com> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ
:#WTnWJKpEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi experts
> I have a question related with logical drives. I don't
know
> what is the suitable newsgroup for my question If there is another
newsgroup
> for this question then please tell me. My question is
> Suppose there are two drives in my system C and D. I have an image of C
> drive in a file. I want to mount this file(which has C drive image) as a
> virtual logical disk.I have no idea how to preceed in this way. Please
> suggest.
> Thanks

Sachin

Distinguished
May 10, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Thanks
my motive to ask this question to know something about logical
drive.

I just want to know
"I have an image of C or D drive in my system. if i want to mount this image
as a logical drive.i.e. create an extra logical drive in my system which
contains contents of this image. then should i create a driver for logical
drive? i.e. should i create file system driver? or is there any way to
perform such task? if i'm wrong then please correct me."
waiting

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Do you mean that something like demon-tools,to use an image file as a
virtual logical drive instead of a virtual CD-ROM ?

--

:O$#XphepEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...