Spyware?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

I started my pc this morning and it took ages to boot to desktop, I looked
in startup under msconfig and saw that I had two identical files loading one
called NVMCTRAY.DLL and the other NvMcTray.dll. I did a google search and I
found an article that says some spyware can disguise itself as this file,
although adaware and spybot and antispy did not pick this up. Another side
effect is that my AV (Panda) is not working and hangs when I try to run a
scan. Any Ideas would be appreciated

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I started my pc this morning and it took ages to boot to desktop, I looked
> in startup under msconfig and saw that I had two identical files loading
one
> called NVMCTRAY.DLL and the other NvMcTray.dll. I did a google search and
> found an article that says some spyware can disguise itself as this file,
> although adaware and spybot and antispy did not pick this up. Another side
> effect is that my AV (Panda) is not working and hangs when I try to run a
> scan. Any Ideas would be appreciated

Whilst my recent problems were not with files of the names you mention, I
have suffered from virus and spyware recently. Neither adware or spybot
could find the corrupt files, and I also always run Zone Alarm as a
firewall, and scan with AVG for viruses.

48 hours ago I located software which seems to do all necessary
functions.... ie firewall and virus scanner, but includes in its list as far
as I can tell much spyware.

A 2 month free version is available after which you have to subscribe, but
it seems so good, the low price seems a good deal. It has found and sorted
out my many infections, and of 2 viruses it could not delete, it has put
them in quarantine. After loading, you have to disable all other virus
scanners etc, and preferably delete them. If you dont, it detects the scan
files these other programs produce, and reports them as suspect.

Look at http (or preferably the secure site of https):www.bullguard.com.
Based in England, I feel they have a winner in their scanner software.

Best of luck

Eric