would winME to win98 fix registry keys ??

fred

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

When i 1st got my first computer (this, in March ), it had win98 on it,
anyway, the modem i got with Tiscali, never worked with it, and i found a
winME upgrade disc in a box, in cash converters...So, new to comps, i came
back, and used the 5 codes, and installed it...I never made a copy of 98,
and now, because of various things i want 98 again, but it will not let me
use the disc i got with a version of 98 on it, as it is ,...quote
...''downgrading'' I don't know how to do a clean install, i will read u, but
wud a clean reinstallation, get rid of ALL spy and trojens and hijack stuff
?? this would be incentive enough for me to put 98 on , rather than have the
winME, i can obtain all my programs again, over next months, most are
freeware stuff....Solong winded i know, but will i get rid of ALL trojans,
as i have a backdoor1 in registry, and a vx2 browser thing i cannot get rid
of (hijacker), i am new to comps....APPRECIATE any help dished out, THANK
YOU ALL, Fred ..Morph
PS...the win98 is an upgrade, aproblem ??

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Assuming a single partition. Boot from the win9x startup disk, format the
partition, then start a new install.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional