192.168.1.1 wont work

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 8, 2005 11:48:25 PM

trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.

trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work but will
work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.

any ideas why?

thanks

More about : 192 168 wont work

September 8, 2005 11:48:26 PM

Nigel Day wrote:

> trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.
>
> trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work
> but will work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.
>
> any ideas why?
>
> thanks

I don't know why but it doesn't matter. Just access the configuration
from one of the machines that can do it. It doesn't matter which
machine from which you access the configuration.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

make sure you are "hard wired" to the router to make the changes...don't do
it wireless
"Nigel Day" <n.day57@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:D A0Ue.468$K5.58@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net...
> trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.
>
> trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work but
> will work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.
>
> any ideas why?
>
> thanks

September 9, 2005 5:07:19 PM

Especially important that you don't do firmware updates wirelessly. Also, play
it safe and disable all wireless activity when doing firmware updates.

!