192.168.1.1 wont work

trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.

trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work but will
work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.

any ideas why?

thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about wont work

    Nigel Day wrote:

    > trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.
    >
    > trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work
    > but will work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.
    >
    > any ideas why?
    >
    > thanks

    I don't know why but it doesn't matter. Just access the configuration
    from one of the machines that can do it. It doesn't matter which
    machine from which you access the configuration.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    make sure you are "hard wired" to the router to make the changes...don't do
    it wireless
    "Nigel Day" <n.day57@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.
    >
    > trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work but
    > will work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.
    >
    > any ideas why?
    >
    > thanks

    Especially important that you don't do firmware updates wirelessly. Also, play
    it safe and disable all wireless activity when doing firmware updates.

    David T wrote:
    > make sure you are "hard wired" to the router to make the changes...don't do
    > it wireless
    > "Nigel Day" <n.day57@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> trying to access my linksys config page to insert my psp mac address.
    >>
    >> trouble is that on my host pc the 192.168.1.1 address will not work but
    >> will work on my other pc's. very strange indeed.
    >>
    >> any ideas why?
    >>
    >> thanks

Wireless Networking