Matshita DVD-RAM full reset? Really need help here :(

chimpspanner

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
Hey all. First time I've been to THG for a long time, liking the new look. Also I don't think this post is in the right place, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it; sorry! And every time I've posted here, *someone* always manages to help! Anyway I'll try and keep this brief.

I rather stupidly used up all 5 region changes on my Matshita UJ-820S DVD-RW/CD-RW combo drive on my laptop, under the assumption that I could just use a region free player at a later date...turns out that this drive uses RPC2 (I'd never heard of that before tonight) which means that the region encoding is "hardwired" into the drive! So, now I'm stuck on Region 1...and I live in a Region 2 country. I don't even care about being region-free any more...I just want Region 2 back :( Do any of you guys know how I can "flash" or reset this thing to just get myself back where I was? I understand that there's also a set number of times you can do that too *roll eyes* but like I said, I just don't care any more.

Very sorry if this is the wrong place. The "problem" seems to be a little deeper than simply drivers and suchlike - hardwired as I said - so I figured here was the best place. Any help at all would be fantastic *sniff*

- Paul O