nddeagnt.exe

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Does anyone know what this program does?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Network Dynamic Data Exchange Agent. Search the MS KB for more info.
It is used to start programs before the Windows Shell loads when you log
on to the pc and to start Network Dynamic Data Exchange when called
upon. Used by some programs for Dynamic Data Exchange or
"Collaboration". On NT clipboard uses it to start NDDE for example.

John

fpkjr wrote:

> Does anyone know what this program does?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Thanks for your quick response
That's the first thing I did (KB) but failed to get a answer to the question..

I ran Hijackthis and it highlighted this reg entry as hostile. IOW, it
shouldn't be there.. So my question is, is this program necessary?

"John John" wrote:

> Network Dynamic Data Exchange Agent. Search the MS KB for more info.
> It is used to start programs before the Windows Shell loads when you log
> on to the pc and to start Network Dynamic Data Exchange when called
> upon. Used by some programs for Dynamic Data Exchange or
> "Collaboration". On NT clipboard uses it to start NDDE for example.
>
> John
>
> fpkjr wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know what this program does?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

That's impossible for me to answer. DON'T REMOVE nddeagnt itself! If
you're using a non Windows gina your pc may not boot. If it's in
it might be needed for one of your programs to work over the network or
for gina to work. What is the registry key in question?

John

fpkjr @attglobal.net>
> Thanks for your quick response
> That's the first thing I did (KB) but failed to get a answer to the question..
>
> I ran Hijackthis and it highlighted this reg entry as hostile. IOW, it
> shouldn't be there.. So my question is, is this program necessary?
>
> "John John" wrote:
>

>>Network Dynamic Data Exchange Agent. Search the MS KB for more info.
>>It is used to start programs before the Windows Shell loads when you log
>>on to the pc and to start Network Dynamic Data Exchange when called
>>upon. Used by some programs for Dynamic Data Exchange or
>>"Collaboration". On NT clipboard uses it to start NDDE for example.
>>
>>John
>>
>>fpkjr wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone know what this program does?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

hiiiiiiiiiiiii
hiOn Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:31:21 -0400, John John