when i turn on my computer, i got a message

"cmos checksum error - default loaded"

solution that i have tried

- i replace cmos baterry with a new one
- plug out all the cable and plug in back
- use search and destroy
- use avg antivirus

but the problem doesn't fix it....
i use albatron kx18ds pro motherboard...

- do u have any idea what is the problem ???
- method to check corrupted cmos ???
- if cmos is corrupt, how to fix it ???

-ipin-
December 3, 2005 6:51:33 PM

Check your RAM/RAM timings. Setting the RAM timings too aggressively will give you that error. I'm not familiar with that particular board, but sometimes they have slow/normal/fast or turbo settings. If it has a setting like that, set it to the slowest setting, and back off the timings to what SPD has it at or even slower. If you can get it up and running without the checksum error, you can try more aggressive settings from there.
December 3, 2005 7:09:38 PM

Ummm, just a random thought - but have you ever gone into bios and done an F10 Save settings? If the new settings have never been saved over the invalid ones, then you'll get that every time you bootu p.

Mike.
Related resources
December 4, 2005 8:56:03 AM

Quote:
Ummm, just a random thought - but have you ever gone into bios and done an F10 Save settings? If the new settings have never been saved over the invalid ones, then you'll get that every time you bootu p.

Mike.

i saved my bios, but after plug off the power! the bios lost when i turn it on
December 5, 2005 1:55:14 PM

So, are you saying that when you save the bios, turn it off, turn it back on, the information doesn't save?

Quote:

Mike.

i saved my bios, but after plug off the power! the bios lost when i turn it on
December 5, 2005 2:02:09 PM

You know what , check and make sure you put the battery in right. Just a thought.
December 5, 2005 10:40:22 PM

Quote:
You know what , check and make sure you put the battery in right. Just a thought.

i check it more than 10 times, i also ensure the clip is hold the battery properly but it's all sucks
December 10, 2005 1:20:49 AM

Quote:

i check it more than 10 times, i also ensure the clip is hold the battery properly but it's all sucks

Batteries has a positive side and a negative side.. you've checked that it is not inverted?
!