ED 3d Glasses, FS2004 and ATI Cards?

Last response: in Video Games
March 20, 2005 4:26:04 PM

I see that ED released new 3d drivers at the end of February. Are there any
ATI users around that have had experience of using these successfully with
FS2004? The reason I ask is that a year ago I got a set for my birthday. I
had to return them as they were then incompatible. I'm now trying to think
of ideas for this year and was wondering if the situation had changed or
not.

Victor
March 20, 2005 8:22:18 PM

"Victor West"
> I'm now trying to think
> of ideas for this year and was wondering if the situation had changed or
> not.

The situation is that the glasses have been over promoted and don't live up
to the hype.

Spend your money on something else.

KDFW
March 20, 2005 11:21:24 PM

Dallas wrote:
> "Victor West"
>
>>I'm now trying to think
>>of ideas for this year and was wondering if the situation had changed or
>>not.
>

> The situation is that the glasses have been over promoted and don't live up
> to the hype.
>
> Spend your money on something else.
>

> KDFW

I have the X3D glasses compatible with a nVidea card and they are great
for looking at 3D screensavers or riding the roller coaster game that
came with them, but I don't see any 3D while flying the sim. They are
not worth it.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)