Status
Not open for further replies.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Hi i gt a new Logitec 5.1 speaker system and i am using the onboard sound device on the MSI K(n Neo Platinum 2 (nforc 3 ultra)

the sound is great but every so often a popping sound comes from the speaker

does anybody have any idea what of where this sound comes from?

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
The three possibilities are

1) the source is bugged with noise
2) your computer is causing these hiccups during times of high CPU utilization

also possible but less likely reasons are
3) loose wires

And whats been listed.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
1 the sourde is not bugged (happens in many fifferent plces, even when no music is playing.

2. It could be CPU

3. All wires are correct.

so if it is 2 what can i do to solve the problemo

thanks

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Well,

1)a ton of anti-spyware programs run in Safe Mode
2) frequent rebooting (as in not running your comp for 3 days straight, so you have plenty of available physical memory and cache)
3)disk defragmentation
4) Also, if your computer is way behind the times (like a 1GHz media PC), you might consider upgrading.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
its a new AMD 3200, i will try the spy ware thing,

its weird, it happens every so often for no reason, even if pc not bieng used and even when no sound is comming from the pc

astrallite

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
I had that problem for a while before, I eventually just turned off most of my taskbar programs by cleaving everything not called "AOL IM" on msconfig startup. That fixed it for me.

G

Does it probably pop if somebody in your house turns lights or electrical devices on and off?

G

But to be sure: check your light switch in your room. If it gives the same click you're there. Also make sore your PSU is allright.

major_error

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Do you have a Blackberry nearby?

I've dealt with similar issues at work--whatever frequency the BB transmitter works on caused plenty of interference. I've seen it cause CRT displays to jump, and cause buzzing/popping in powered speakers.

On the interference note, it is possible that system/HD activity is causing it--noise in the power feed. Not much you can do except upgrade...

Food for thought...

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
actualltyy i just rea;ised that yes i think it is when i turn a light off and on the popping sound comes, is there a way this can be fixed

G

You can't do much about it I guess. It's the amplifier either on the SC itself Or whatever amplifier you use outside your PC.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
well to get it akll to fit we changed the plug to an older plug lol, could this be the problem?

(it also makes popping noise if PC is off and Speakers are on)

G

"(it also makes popping noise if PC is off and Speakers are on)"

Then it's only the amp. Normal. Any solution to this problem isn't worth the pain or the money. Just ignore it.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
The Amp? im confused, what is the amp, and how can it be fixed or is it really not worth it?

lol

happy new year 2 and thanks for replying guys

Status
Not open for further replies.