CMD.EXE error on start up

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

When I start my PC, a black window opens on the desktop and I get an error
"cannont import RE11.REG - there may be a disk or file system error." How
can I correct this?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Sounds like spyware and or remnants thereof. Look for the shortcuts in;

%windir%\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
%windir%\Profiles\%username%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Also in these Run keys.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]