merging reg file

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hi. Does anybody know how to restore double clicking on .reg file to
merge it. When I double click on it Notepad opens. The only way I can
merge a .reg file is to open regedit and import it.
Thanks
David Smith

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

In article <MPG.1c54cd4e55b433fd9896b3@news.comcast.giganews.com>,
wetink444@hotmail.com says...
> Hi. Does anybody know how to restore double clicking on .reg file to
> merge it. When I double click on it Notepad opens. The only way I can
> merge a .reg file is to open regedit and import it.
> Thanks
> David Smith

Never mind. I found a fix at
Doug's XP website. I do have another minor problem though. When I double
click on recycle bin it opens in explorer mode (with file list on left)
I want it to look the way it does if I unclick folders. It never
remembers. On a right click I can see that "explore" is the default.
It's on top and dark. If I right click and choose open it does what I
want. On just about anything else I can just go to the file
associations, and change the default. I don't know what the file type is
to do this on the recycle bin. Where is it in the registry?
Any way thanks for reading this. Any clues would be welcomed.
Thanks again
David Smith