Windows 2000 pro

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Can anyone tell me how to UNINSTALL this OS, I want to put Win xp on it. I
got this laptop off of someone and win 2k pro was on it. It you can help
please type word for word steps to uninstall. I have do Idea what im doing
and don't want to pay $100 for a wipe and install. If you know what I mean.
Please send it to rcpilotaz@yahoo.com

Thanks Scott

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

You might get better results and more accurate answers if you try
posting to the setup or general group and post the make and model number
of your laptop.

The information you seek is available all over the internet, for example:

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/
http://www.blackviper.com/

Before you attempt to install XP you should make sure that the laptop
can handle it.

Windows XP Professional System Requirements
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/sysreqs.mspx
Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/advisor.mspx

You should also visit the laptop manufacturers website to see if there
are any special considerations and if proper drivers are available for
XP on your laptop. Some laptops can be pretty finicky and quirky, for
example there could be a reserved restore partition on the machine or
proprietary hardware that might not run at all on XP. Make sure before
you leap.

John