newby question

I am new to FS 2004 and been using a cheap joystick, I am looking at buying
either the CH flight yoke or the Saitex x52 flight control system
Can any one give me advice on witch to go for
many thanks for your help

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

Those two choices are both good products.

It depends on what type of aircraft you would prefer
to learn simming with.
The Saitek system would be good for your stick operated
sims for acrobatic, jet-fighters,helicopters, etc.
The CH yoke is good for your single engines, twins and
airliners..........and don`t forget the CH pedals!

I have both systems......."They work good together also".
I use the Saitek and CH rudders together for Helicopters.

Fun!

Thanks for the help, I may go for the x52 which I can use on all panes (I
think)
as I just bult a new computer to run flight sim and cant afford to by them
all at once
thanks again for your info
"Sparky" <sstreet5@cox.net> wrote in message
> Those two choices are both good products.
>
> It depends on what type of aircraft you would prefer
> to learn simming with.
> The Saitek system would be good for your stick operated
> sims for acrobatic, jet-fighters,helicopters, etc.
> The CH yoke is good for your single engines, twins and
> airliners..........and don`t forget the CH pedals!
>
> I have both systems......."They work good together also".
> I use the Saitek and CH rudders together for Helicopters.
>
> Fun!

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

XBC wrote:

> Thanks for the help, I may go for the x52 which I can use on all panes (I
> think)
> as I just bult a new computer to run flight sim and cant afford to by them
> all at once
> thanks again for your info
> "Sparky" <sstreet5@cox.net> wrote in message

I should look it up but I'm sure you already know, does the x52 have a
twist grip function for rudder control? If you can't get pedals yet you
at least need some kind of rudder control for the helicopters at least.

I say that and I have to add, I use the CH Yoke for every aircraft
(until I can get my helo chair setup with collective completed) I don't
touch the pedals at all unless I'm hovering around an airport. The sim
helicopter does not fly like the real thing (Surprise!) and you can fly
and even land without touching the pedals. Also if I'm flying a
helicopter with wheels, I can land and get around an airport fine
without using my pedals. Once they get correct flight responses in the
sim helos you will then have to have pedals (or the twist grip in a stick)

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

boB wrote:

> I say that and I have to add, I use the CH Yoke for every aircraft
> (until I can get my helo chair setup with collective completed) I don't
> touch the pedals at all unless I'm hovering around an airport. The sim
> helicopter does not fly like the real thing (Surprise!) and you can fly
> and even land without touching the pedals. Also if I'm flying a
> helicopter with wheels, I can land and get around an airport fine
> without using my pedals. Once they get correct flight responses in the
> sim helos you will then have to have pedals (or the twist grip in a stick)

I'm in a hurry but I need to add: Flying without needing pedals only
works with aircraft realism setting at medium or below. If you go full
right on the realism sliders, you will definitely need pedals to
straighten that bad boy out. It gets squirrley
--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Thanks for all the replies and help
I drove down to http://www.rcsimulations.co.uk/ in Bristol today and brought
the Saitek X52 and the Ch Pro Pedals got to say the service there was 100%
he even took my in the flight studio and went for a short flight in the
Simulator
thanks again for the Help