looking for Epson discount code for ink cartridges

Well, arg, after discovering retail stores don't carry ink cartridges
for my printer, I'm at Epson's site looking to buy. I've looked at
third-party carts, but my last Epson died after using a third-party,
and I've decided to go Epson brand.

At Epson's site, they allow me to enter a "discount code", and these
are expensive enough I'd like that option. Anyone know of how I can
find Epson "discount codes" for replacement ink cartridges?

My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
high.

Thanks for any info!
Tom in Colorado Springs
24 answers Last reply
More about looking epson discount code cartridges

    "tstockma" <tstockma@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
    > third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
    > your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
    > high.
    >
    > Thanks for any info!
    > Tom in Colorado Springs

    Okay and OK Tom I won't mention a word about how good any old compatible
    cartridge or ink can be. They are obviously lousy in your printer. But as
    we're growing so fast with repeat business it means all our users are
    wrong?? You need urgent help for a condition called brain washing. Have you
    looked carefully where Epson cartridges are made - Indonesia, Malasia and
    every other sweat shop economy.
    Most flat earther's also deny that the human genome is now decoded. By
    comparison unravelling the 5 , or is it 6 essential ingredients in printer
    ink is sure complex. Sad really cos that means that all Las Vegas and maybe
    Nevada residents mislead the American public. They're all inane, Oh my...
    Tony
    Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    drop pants to reply

    I guess you don't think anybody SHOULD use oem inks,right?
    Well that is all I ever use also!If that's what he wants to use,I think he
    has a right to.If you would offer a warranty to repair printers using your
    inks,that clog the printheads,I might look into it! The only warranty I can
    find for most clone inks,is to replace the "defective"cartridge.But first
    you have to send the cartridge back,at your expence.That and the time I
    waste running to the post office make experimenting too costly!I have read
    some good things about JetTec in everyday printing,but I have read some bad
    reports in quality photo printing.Colors don't seem to match exactly and the
    prints are not as long lived.I do agree ink prices are too high,and the
    formulas should not be that hard to match.Maybe in the future,I will try
    your inks in an older printer,that I can toss if it gets screwed up!
    "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message

    > --
    > "tstockma" <tstockma@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
    >> third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
    >> your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
    >> high.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any info!
    >> Tom in Colorado Springs
    >
    > Okay and OK Tom I won't mention a word about how good any old compatible
    > cartridge or ink can be. They are obviously lousy in your printer. But as
    > we're growing so fast with repeat business it means all our users are
    > wrong?? You need urgent help for a condition called brain washing. Have
    > you
    > looked carefully where Epson cartridges are made - Indonesia, Malasia and
    > every other sweat shop economy.
    > Most flat earther's also deny that the human genome is now decoded. By
    > comparison unravelling the 5 , or is it 6 essential ingredients in printer
    > ink is sure complex. Sad really cos that means that all Las Vegas and
    > maybe
    > Nevada residents mislead the American public. They're all inane, Oh my...
    > Tony
    > Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    > http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    > http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    > The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    > drop pants to reply

    No I don't use OEM ink on my R300s, Yes I firmly believe non OEM inks are
    good to use.And NO this is not a problem....

    "Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:tYadndMsjZyyxeHcRVn-qA@centurytel.net...
    > I guess you don't think anybody SHOULD use oem inks,right?

    They may use whatever they like however misguided: based on fact !
    > Well that is all I ever use also!If that's what he wants to use,I think
    he
    > has a right to.If you would offer a warranty to repair printers using your
    > inks,that clog the printheads,I might look into it!

    Then look at the JetTec warranty and read and understand it. Or engage brain
    before broadcasting ;-)
    The only warranty I can
    > find for most clone inks,is to replace the "defective"cartridge.

    Most clones ? inaccurate... I was talking about one of the best.
    But first
    but I have read some bad
    > reports in quality photo printing.Colors don't seem to match exactly and
    the
    > prints are not as long lived.

    Most of our users particularly for bulk inks are photo pro's and I don't see
    them buying litre bottles if they don't do the job. Color gamut and
    saturation can influence the finished print - but, for instance, I found on
    the Epson 895 that the Epson controls such as vivid compensated. Then no one
    viewing them could decide which they liked best.
    The only way to prove that JetTec is not as long lived is to place two 25
    years old prints side by side ??
    But logically if the ink matches and paper is comparable there must be a
    suspicion that FUD, or fear uncertainty and doubt, is counting for more than
    it's worth.
    If you buy a no name something on Ebay then allow for the risk. But there
    again most Ebayers don't distribute from the largest compatible
    manufacturing plant in Europe do they.
    Tony
    > "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > > --
    > > "tstockma" <tstockma@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
    > >> third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
    > >> your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
    > >> high.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks for any info!
    > >> Tom in Colorado Springs
    > >
    > > Okay and OK Tom I won't mention a word about how good any old compatible
    > > cartridge or ink can be. They are obviously lousy in your printer. But
    as
    > > we're growing so fast with repeat business it means all our users are
    > > wrong?? You need urgent help for a condition called brain washing. Have
    > > you
    > > looked carefully where Epson cartridges are made - Indonesia, Malasia
    and
    > > every other sweat shop economy.
    > > Most flat earther's also deny that the human genome is now decoded. By
    > > comparison unravelling the 5 , or is it 6 essential ingredients in
    printer
    > > ink is sure complex. Sad really cos that means that all Las Vegas and
    > > maybe
    > > Nevada residents mislead the American public. They're all inane, Oh
    my...
    > > Tony
    > > Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    > > http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    > > http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    > > The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    > > drop pants to reply

    "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message news:<3oudnV1pg9XT0uHcRVn-3Q@nildram.net>...
    > --
    > "tstockma" <tstockma@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
    > > third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
    > > your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
    > > high.
    > >
    > > Thanks for any info!
    > > Tom in Colorado Springs
    >
    > Okay and OK Tom I won't mention a word about how good any old compatible
    > cartridge or ink can be. They are obviously lousy in your printer. But as
    > we're growing so fast with repeat business it means all our users are
    > wrong?? You need urgent help for a condition called brain washing. Have you
    > looked carefully where Epson cartridges are made - Indonesia, Malasia and
    > every other sweat shop economy.

    ....<more deleted>...

    > Tony
    > Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    > http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    > http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    > The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    > drop pants to reply

    Tony, while I agree it's to some extent "brainwashing" to say some
    compatibles aren't good, it's also ridiculous to pretend that all are
    OK. My experience is...the first time I tried a compatible, from a
    reasonably-highly rated supplier, I ruined a printer. My research on
    several of the biggest of the computer tech sites says, most do not
    match the factory formula, most fade quicker, you always run a risk
    that you'll clog your jets.

    In fact, these articles also talk about the growing & large problem on
    people counterfeiting the Epson brand, so you think you're buying
    Epson OEM when you're not...leading me to think perhaps buying from
    the Epson site is my way to not ruin my printer.

    If you think this attitude is "brainwashed", then tit-for-tat...if
    people want to buy from your company & have good experience,
    great...but I'll call your calling me "brainwashed", "self-serving"
    "insulting" and "intolerant".

    Tom

    > Tony, while I agree it's to some extent "brainwashing" to say some
    > compatibles aren't good, it's also ridiculous to pretend that all are
    > OK. My experience is...the first time I tried a compatible, from a
    > reasonably-highly rated supplier, I ruined a printer. My research on
    > several of the biggest of the computer tech sites says, most do not
    > match the factory formula, most fade quicker, you always run a risk
    > that you'll clog your jets.
    >
    > In fact, these articles also talk about the growing & large problem on
    > people counterfeiting the Epson brand, so you think you're buying
    > Epson OEM when you're not...leading me to think perhaps buying from
    > the Epson site is my way to not ruin my printer.
    >
    > If you think this attitude is "brainwashed", then tit-for-tat...if
    > people want to buy from your company & have good experience,
    > great...but I'll call your calling me "brainwashed", "self-serving"
    > "insulting" and "intolerant".
    >
    > Tom

    If , Tom, you would only stick to one objective subject at a time. That
    would be constructive and helpful. What the devil have counterfeit
    cartridges to do with compatibles. We've all seen objective articles by for
    instance Wilhelm - but, naming names and discarding dubious cartridges
    because they couldn't complete one image prior to running out or blocking.
    By your reasoning it is possible to see, even at a distance a prostitute or
    "Hooker", which of course proves that all women wearing red skirts are
    prostitutes. You are really gonna have some difficulty explaining to some
    large guy that you're sorry but his wife was wearing a red skirt.
    Name names. Be specific, or at least attempt to not mix metaphors.
    I have an old Boss Mustang - a fairly rare collectible: do you know where I
    can get gas for it as I can no longer find the Mustang brand of gas around
    here. I'm scared I could ruin it as Mustang, or Ford, must manufacture
    better gas than anyone else. After all they built the car.
    I'm going to Spain next week to pick my own oranges. I don't trust these
    dealers around here - they may be counterfeit.
    I think you'll find that any online dealer selling counterfeit Epson or any
    other cartridge is liable to make the headlines and have the weight of Epson
    squarely on his back. That's almost too easy to prove.
    Unfortunately you're lumping the largest and most successful compatible
    manufacturer in Europe, with a capacity of 1 million cartridges daily, in
    with Messrs Buyit , Floggit and Hope who operate from their kitchen sink.
    That's more than illogical to me - it's plain off with the nose to spite the
    face.
    As a trial I imported recently some Secajet cartridges ($184) and tried
    everything I know to get them to print one page. They are abysmal and I've
    still got the box and cartridges to prove it. Now if Secajet would care to
    sue me :-)
    regards Tony

    Tony...one word...I'm adding this my former list..."clueless".

    On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:57:43 +0100, "Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote:

    >--
    >"tstockma" <tstockma@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
    >> third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
    >> your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
    >> high.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any info!
    >> Tom in Colorado Springs
    >
    >Okay and OK Tom I won't mention a word about how good any old compatible
    >cartridge or ink can be. They are obviously lousy in your printer. But as
    >we're growing so fast with repeat business it means all our users are
    >wrong?? You need urgent help for a condition called brain washing. Have you
    >looked carefully where Epson cartridges are made - Indonesia, Malasia and
    >every other sweat shop economy.
    >Most flat earther's also deny that the human genome is now decoded. By
    >comparison unravelling the 5 , or is it 6 essential ingredients in printer
    >ink is sure complex. Sad really cos that means that all Las Vegas and maybe
    >Nevada residents mislead the American public. They're all inane, Oh my...
    >Tony
    >Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    >http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    >http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    >The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    >drop pants to reply

    I have R210 Tanks, Epson ones, made in Mexico...

    This is the NZ/OZZ model of the R200.

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 20:34:33 -0500, "Douglas" <.> wrote:

    >I guess you don't think anybody SHOULD use oem inks,right?
    >Well that is all I ever use also!If that's what he wants to use,I think he
    >has a right to.If you would offer a warranty to repair printers using your
    >inks,that clog the printheads,I might look into it! The only warranty I can
    >find for most clone inks,is to replace the "defective"cartridge.But first
    >you have to send the cartridge back,at your expence.That and the time I
    >waste running to the post office make experimenting too costly!I have read
    >some good things about JetTec in everyday printing,but I have read some bad
    >reports in quality photo printing.Colors don't seem to match exactly

    Please Post the FACTs on this, or are you just spouting..

    >and the
    >prints are not as long lived.I do agree ink prices are too high,and the
    >formulas should not be that hard to match.Maybe in the future,I will try
    >your inks in an older printer,that I can toss if it gets screwed up!
    >"Tony" <auct1@pantsaah-haa.com> wrote in message
    >>

    >> --
    >> "tstockma" <tstockma@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> My printer is an Epson Stylus Color 960. Please, if you are a
    >>> third-party vendor, don't reply to this post with inane info about how
    >>> your ink is good. The price of taking a chance on bad ink is too
    >>> high.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any info!
    >>> Tom in Colorado Springs
    >>
    >> Okay and OK Tom I won't mention a word about how good any old compatible
    >> cartridge or ink can be. They are obviously lousy in your printer. But as
    >> we're growing so fast with repeat business it means all our users are
    >> wrong?? You need urgent help for a condition called brain washing. Have
    >> you
    >> looked carefully where Epson cartridges are made - Indonesia, Malasia and
    >> every other sweat shop economy.
    >> Most flat earther's also deny that the human genome is now decoded. By
    >> comparison unravelling the 5 , or is it 6 essential ingredients in printer
    >> ink is sure complex. Sad really cos that means that all Las Vegas and
    >> maybe
    >> Nevada residents mislead the American public. They're all inane, Oh my...
    >> Tony
    >> Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    >> http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    >> http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    >> The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    >> drop pants to reply

    I don't know of any discount codes for the Epson site but you can buy OEM
    Epson inks from www.atlex.com They have great prices and I have always
    gotten my order quickly.

    Safetymom, thanks, does "OEM Epson Inks" (from your follow-up) mean
    this is actual Epson-manufactured, or that this company claim their
    cartridges meet Epson's standards? Great prices and quick delivery
    mean little to me if their products ruin my printer. I've done this
    before.

    Please...anyone...Buellor?...are there Epson discount codes out there?

    tstockma

    "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<Qlefd.23577$Qv5.3318@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>...
    > I don't know of any discount codes for the Epson site but you can buy OEM
    > Epson inks from www.atlex.com They have great prices and I have always
    > gotten my order quickly.

    Fraud warning! "safetymom123" posted a followup to my request for
    help on Epson printer ink with a ref to an online company, however her
    email address is bogus. I highly recommend y'all avoid the company
    she commends, atlex, like the plague. Damn me for even considering
    that a valid post...

    tstockma

    "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<Qlefd.23577$Qv5.3318@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>...
    > I don't know of any discount codes for the Epson site but you can buy OEM
    > Epson inks from <blink> They have great prices and I have always
    > gotten my order quickly.

    Well, Atlex (Atlantic Exchange) is a good reliable company--and yes, they
    sell genuine Epson cartridges. (Also sell printers, I believe.) Another one
    that is very competitive is Data Bazaar, which has free shipping. Some
    cartridges may be cheaper at one place or the other. It's best to check both
    and then factor in the shipping cost to see which is best for you. I have
    had good service and timely delivery from both. Heard about them on the
    Epson Inkjet Printers list. Atlex has been around for years, but Databazaar
    is probably a newer kid on the block and trying for your business? (Always
    got requests to fill out rating inquiries from Biz Rate, etc.) Think their
    URL is www.databazaar.com
    Lola MacLean

    Tony

    Recently I received several of your Epson cartridges from you LV office for
    sampling. I was looking for a replacement for my current vendor. The Normal
    and Photo cartridges I received did not work, of the eight cartridges
    installed (in matching sets) three would not clear after several cleaning
    cycles and two would not print (as if empty). Yes, I removed the shipping
    clips. The lesson is: no matter how good your product we all have bad days.
    BTW - other that the starter cartridges this printer has had only compatible
    cartridges.

> [...]
    > I think you'll find that any online dealer selling counterfeit Epson or
    > any
    > other cartridge is liable to make the headlines and have the weight of
    > Epson
    > squarely on his back. That's almost too easy to prove.
    > Unfortunately you're lumping the largest and most successful compatible
    > manufacturer in Europe, with a capacity of 1 million cartridges daily, in
    > with Messrs Buyit , Floggit and Hope who operate from their kitchen sink.
    > That's more than illogical to me - it's plain off with the nose to spite
    > the
    > face.
    > As a trial I imported recently some Secajet cartridges ($184) and tried
    > everything I know to get them to print one page. They are abysmal and I've
    > still got the box and cartridges to prove it. Now if Secajet would care to

    Where is a good place to buy JetTec in the EU ?

    --
    Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
    Fastnet - IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se http://www.musimi.dk

    "Povl H. Pedersen" <povlhp@povl-h-pedersens-computer.local> wrote in message
    > Where is a good place to buy JetTec in the EU ?
    >
    > --
    > Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
    > Fastnet - IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se http://www.musimi.dk

    Fluctuating a bit lately but some 26% of our regular customers are in the
    EU. UK prices are comparable - at least ours are :-)
    http://aah-haa.com/cgi-bin/inky2/browse.cgi?view=group

    In article <7cOdnWufcu9ojuPcRVn-ig@nildram.net>, Tony wrote:

    > "Povl H. Pedersen" <povlhp@povl-h-pedersens-computer.local> wrote in message
    >> Where is a good place to buy JetTec in the EU ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Povl H. Pedersen - NoSpam@my.terminal.dk (yes - it works)
    >> Fastnet - IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se http://www.musimi.dk
    >
    > Fluctuating a bit lately but some 26% of our regular customers are in the
    > EU. UK prices are comparable - at least ours are :-)

    Do you ship from inside the EU ? Otherwise shipping + 25% VAT
    + $25 customs declaration fee will be added on top.

    --

    > Tony...one word...I'm adding this my former list..."clueless".

    Well that's start when you admit you are clueless. But it doesn't solve your
    problem: and I've forgotten what that is at the moment :-)
    You need to repeat this 10 times daily whilst taking deep - deep breathes.
    Morality is good humour, self knowledge and self discipline. It changes the
    World.
    Tony.
    --

    > In article <7cOdnWufcu9ojuPcRVn-ig@nildram.net>, Tony wrote:
    > >

    > > Fluctuating a bit lately but some 26% of our regular customers are in
    the
    > > EU. UK prices are comparable - at least ours are :-)
    >
    > Do you ship from inside the EU ? Otherwise shipping + 25% VAT
    > + $25 customs declaration fee will be added on top.

    All European shipments are from the UK so that's still so far inside the EU.
    Never had any of our customers paying anything extra at the other end so
    far. Better not tell the Americans I guess :-)
    Tony

    > > http://aah-haa.com/cgi-bin/inky2/browse.cgi?view=group
    > > Tony. --
    > > Inkylink JetTec UK/USA Quality - Wot others wanna-be
    > > http://www.inkylinkusa.com/inkylinkusa.shtml UPS from Las Vegas
    > > http://www.inkylink.co.uk UK recorded post next day
    > > The home of the 30% more JetTec ink reset chip
    > > drop pants to reply

    Excuse me!!!! Anyone that posts their correct email address on a newsgroup
    is just asking for spam. I think if you took a few seconds to look at my
    email address you could figure out what the right email address might be.

    I posted my experience with this company. I was trying to be helpful. It
    is geniune Epson ink the same that Epson sells. Sorry you are so skeptical.
    Don't buy from them then and spend more money.

    I know of many people who buy from the dealer mentioned (www.atlex.com)
    for OEM Epson cartridges and they all have told me that the prices are
    reasonable and the service is very good.

    Art

    Safetymom123 wrote:

    > I don't know of any discount codes for the Epson site but you can buy OEM
    > Epson inks from www.atlex.com They have great prices and I have always
    > gotten my order quickly.

    I'm not SafetyMom, but OEM means "Original Equipment Manufacturer",
    which means it is the name brand product (in this case, made by or for
    Epson). The term OEM is used because, Epson may not even make their own
    cartridges anymore, but may be contracting other factories to do it.

    In other types of peripherals, you will often see a product sold as OEM
    meaning it is the same product as sold by the original manufacturer, but
    it may be in a simple packaging (cardboard box) and was designed not for
    retail sales, but for a wholesale client (say a computer manufacturer
    who uses the product in their product). Sometimes these products may
    lack the full retail warranty, you have to check.

    However, in the case of the ink cartridges, it is identical to the
    product you would buy off the shelf of a retail outlet, made by or for
    Epson.

    Art

    tstockma wrote:

    > Safetymom, thanks, does "OEM Epson Inks" (from your follow-up) mean
    > this is actual Epson-manufactured, or that this company claim their
    > cartridges meet Epson's standards? Great prices and quick delivery
    > mean little to me if their products ruin my printer. I've done this
    > before.
    >
    > Please...anyone...Buellor?...are there Epson discount codes out there?
    >
    > tstockma
    >
    > "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<Qlefd.23577$Qv5.3318@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>...
    >
    >>I don't know of any discount codes for the Epson site but you can buy OEM
    >>Epson inks from www.atlex.com They have great prices and I have always
    >>gotten my order quickly.

    Regardless of the email address, the company has a good reputation for
    Epson original cartridges at reasonable prices, and has had this rep for
    years. I have no affiliation with the company and have never personally
    used their services.

    Art

    tstockma wrote:

    > Fraud warning! "safetymom123" posted a followup to my request for
    > help on Epson printer ink with a ref to an online company, however her
    > email address is bogus. I highly recommend y'all avoid the company
    > she commends, atlex, like the plague. Damn me for even considering
    > that a valid post...
    >
    > tstockma
    >
    > "Safetymom123" <safetymom123@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:<Qlefd.23577$Qv5.3318@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>...
    >
    >>I don't know of any discount codes for the Epson site but you can buy OEM
    >>Epson inks from <blink> They have great prices and I have always
    >>gotten my order quickly.
  24. If you haven't found what you are looking for, or you need any other printer supplies, you can always visit: www.priceless-inkjet.com

Printers Epson Peripherals