Epson Stylus Photo R320 CMYK Color Profile ?

Hi there,

I'm using WIN XP Pro. SP2, Adobe Photoshop CS, and Epson Stylus Pro R320.
when I try to Add another color profile from Adobe CMYK *.icc color profile
I'm getting an error message that says:
"Epson Stylus Photo R320 dosen't support CMYK *.icc color profile"
this problem happend with any CMYK profile but not with RGB.
I have an image as CMYK mode with adobe and the screen color dosen't match
the print at all.

How do I solve this problems.

Thanks,

Oded Dror
Email: odeddror@cox.net
2 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus photo r320 cmyk color profile

    In article <CF%ed.43687$bk1.33804@fed1read05>, odeddror@cox.net (Oded
    Dror) wrote:

    > "Epson Stylus Photo R320 dosen't support CMYK *.icc color profile"
    > I have an image as CMYK mode with adobe and the screen color dosen't
    > match the print at all.
    >
    > How do I solve this problems.

    Convert the image to RGB in PS CS before attempting to print it.

    I know it seems crazy, as the image will be converted back to CMYK by the
    print driver before it gets squirted onto the page, but that's the way
    Epson have decided things should work.

    Jon.

    I don't have an Epson "R" series printer, but Epson has never considered
    their printers as CMYK devices. They consider them RGB. It is just how
    the drivers function. They do the conversion internally to CMYK, so
    they do not use CMYK.icc files

    In order to get your color more correct, convert your image in Photoshop
    to RGB. Then use the color profiles for the correct paper type or other
    characteristics the driver allows for, and try printing it.

    I have printed CMYK files via my Epsons (older ones) but I had to make
    up a special CMYK set of curves for inks. It worked by it was complex
    and a bit going in circles, and the files only worked on a specific printer.

    Art

    Oded Dror wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm using WIN XP Pro. SP2, Adobe Photoshop CS, and Epson Stylus Pro R320.
    > when I try to Add another color profile from Adobe CMYK *.icc color profile
    > I'm getting an error message that says:
    > "Epson Stylus Photo R320 dosen't support CMYK *.icc color profile"
    > this problem happend with any CMYK profile but not with RGB.
    > I have an image as CMYK mode with adobe and the screen color dosen't match
    > the print at all.
    >
    > How do I solve this problems.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Oded Dror
    > Email: odeddror@cox.net

Printers Stylus Epson Photo Adobe Peripherals