Changing of Passwords

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hi guys,

I have a windows NT Server and the policy is that users are forced to change
their password every 30 days. At the moment two weeks prior to the expiry of
the current password they get a message asking them if they want to change
the password as it will expiry in x days.

Is there anything I can change in the registry so they only get this message
lets say 5 days prior to the expiry of the password?

Thanks

Anguel

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Set the Reg_Dword value of
PasswordExpiryWarning
to the number of days before the warning is displayed

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Anguel Iordanov" <adiordanov@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Hi guys,
|
| I have a windows NT Server and the policy is that users are forced to
change
| their password every 30 days. At the moment two weeks prior to the expiry
of
| the current password they get a message asking them if they want to change
| the password as it will expiry in x days.
|
| Is there anything I can change in the registry so they only get this
message
| lets say 5 days prior to the expiry of the password?
|
| Thanks
|
| Anguel

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for this. Can I do this only on the server or does it have to
be done on each computer?

Regards,

Anguel

"Dave Patrick" <mail@Nospam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
> Set the Reg_Dword value of
> PasswordExpiryWarning
> to the number of days before the warning is displayed
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Anguel Iordanov" <adiordanov@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Hi guys,
> |
> | I have a windows NT Server and the policy is that users are forced to
> change
> | their password every 30 days. At the moment two weeks prior to the
expiry
> of
> | the current password they get a message asking them if they want to
change
> | the password as it will expiry in x days.
> |
> | Is there anything I can change in the registry so they only get this
> message
> | lets say 5 days prior to the expiry of the password?
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Anguel

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Each machine