NT4 Event Viewer Messages

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hi all, just helping a mate, with this prob.

While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt IE
5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer Log.
They are along the lines of:

'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the
Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'

And

'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs
so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key

There's nothing in google or yahoo with
a solution for this prob. Only the original post
from the forum, I'm in.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Any info appreciated

Thanx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

You can run regedt32.exe, then using the Window menu, switch to and check
each hive's Security|Permissions, making sure that the System account (NT
Authority) has Full Control of all five hives.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Paul" wrote:
| Hi all, just helping a mate, with this prob.
|
| While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt IE
| 5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer Log.
| They are along the lines of:
|
| 'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the
| Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
|
| And
|
| 'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs
| so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key
|
| There's nothing in google or yahoo with
| a solution for this prob. Only the original post
| from the forum, I'm in.
|
| Anyone know how to fix this??
|
| Any info appreciated
|
| Thanx

Paul

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Thanx Dave. I'll let him know

Cheers

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> You can run regedt32.exe, then using the Window menu, switch to and check
> each hive's Security|Permissions, making sure that the System account (NT
> Authority) has Full Control of all five hives.
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paul" wrote:
> | Hi all, just helping a mate, with this prob.
> |
> | While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt
> IE
> | 5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer
> Log.
> | They are along the lines of:
> |
> | 'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the
> | Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
> |
> | And
> |
> | 'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account
> programs
> | so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key
> |
> | There's nothing in google or yahoo with
> | a solution for this prob. Only the original post
> | from the forum, I'm in.
> |
> | Anyone know how to fix this??
> |
> | Any info appreciated
> |
> | Thanx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

You're welcome.