NT4 Event Viewer Messages

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

Hi all, just helping a mate, with this prob.

While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt IE
5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer Log.
They are along the lines of:

'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the
Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'

And

'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs
so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key

There's nothing in google or yahoo with
a solution for this prob. Only the original post
from the forum, I'm in.

Anyone know how to fix this??

Any info appreciated

Thanx
3 answers Last reply
More about event viewer messages
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    You can run regedt32.exe, then using the Window menu, switch to and check
    each hive's Security|Permissions, making sure that the System account (NT
    Authority) has Full Control of all five hives.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Paul" wrote:
    | Hi all, just helping a mate, with this prob.
    |
    | While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt IE
    | 5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer Log.
    | They are along the lines of:
    |
    | 'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the
    | Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
    |
    | And
    |
    | 'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs
    | so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key
    |
    | There's nothing in google or yahoo with
    | a solution for this prob. Only the original post
    | from the forum, I'm in.
    |
    | Anyone know how to fix this??
    |
    | Any info appreciated
    |
    | Thanx

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    Thanx Dave. I'll let him know

    Cheers

    "Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
    > You can run regedt32.exe, then using the Window menu, switch to and check
    > each hive's Security|Permissions, making sure that the System account (NT
    > Authority) has Full Control of all five hives.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Paul" wrote:
    > | Hi all, just helping a mate, with this prob.
    > |
    > | While trying to solve some system problems which was traced to corrupt
    > IE
    > | 5.5 files I have noticed about 20 error messages in the Event Viewer
    > Log.
    > | They are along the lines of:
    > |
    > | 'The Root Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account programs so the
    > | Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key.'
    > |
    > | And
    > |
    > | 'The LEGACY_CLIKCARD Registry key denied access to SYSTEM account
    > programs
    > | so the Service Control Manager took ownership of the Registry key
    > |
    > | There's nothing in google or yahoo with
    > | a solution for this prob. Only the original post
    > | from the forum, I'm in.
    > |
    > | Anyone know how to fix this??
    > |
    > | Any info appreciated
    > |
    > | Thanx

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.registry (More info?)

    You're welcome.

    --

    "Paul" wrote:
    | Thanx Dave. I'll let him know