legoflamb

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005

kool_moo

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Both have the exact same technical specs, so it just depends on which one is cooler/better at OCing. If you're not going to OC, then it doesn't really matter.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Either will work fine for games, the 3200+ won't slow you down much if at all, it depends on what video card you use and the settings (resolution, quality settings, AA/AF, etc.) to tell whether its going to bottleneck you or not.

Mike.

legoflamb

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
Yeah I never run in games in brilliant settings to be fair but that's probably to do with the fact that my computer is wank or broken!

I'm not fussed abotu having all the eye candy turned on just that it runs dead smooth in a good resolution.

I'm thinking it might be better to save some money now and put it towards getting one of these dual core things in a year's time ;)

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
or do what im doing (yay my new parts are comming soon) heh

i got a socket 754 with a PCI express mobo Biostar 6100
coupled with a sempron 3400+
has built in video (of course not stellar compared to a real video card but this motherboard has a PCI express slot) leaves me open in the future to get a new video card and still be able to use it on newer motherboards when they come out

from all ive read it will definately play all the games i want to play
my budget was WAY limited - but if you can scrape together a lil more cash than i was able to you would be able to get a decent socket 939 with PCI express

low end 939 cpus are still very good processors

get one now and you will have a path to get an X2 later when they take a large drop in price (if money is an issue for you)
dont be afraid to get get something now - im sure you will be happy with it

upgrade paths are hard to foretell in anycase heh

legoflamb

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
Yeah I think I'll stick wit hthe 3700 it's pretty damn quick.

Just out of curiosity - how does this processor compare to one of those

P4 HT 3.0 2mb L2 cache. One of the newer '630' ones?

I had a computer with this in recently but then it broke and I found out they lied about the graphics card in it as well.