Keyboard setup

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

I create a ghost image using a French keyboard on the
original setup. I would like to change the default
keyboard at logon to another language.

How do I get there +

thanks

Prepare keyboard layout you wish under any admin user (to be sure these
keyboards are installed on this machine)

Backup registry (make ERD or at least run "rdisk /s-")

Go to registry (use regedt32.exe), navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Keyboard Layout\Preload
and copy its content to
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Keyboard Layout\Preload
(you can use "save key" and "restore key" functions from registry menu)

the same procedure repeat for
"Substitutes" and "Toggle" subkeys