program in startup group kicks off multiple instances

I created a program shortcut and placed it in my startup
folder. When I log in there are two instances of that
program running. How can I fix this?

thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about program startup group kicks multiple instances
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    it is probably in multiple start-up folders

    c:\documents and settings\All Users\....\startup
    and
    c:\documents and settings\you\....\startup

    try removing one instance

    Rick
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    This is occurring with every application I stick into a
    startup folder and with multiple users. If I put a
    shortcut to calc.exe in my startup folder, when I log in,
    2 instances of the application start up. Any other ideas,
    I'm really at a lost.

    thanks!

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    have you looked to see if it occurs in multiple start-up folders?

    search for calc.lnk or whatever the shortcut is and see how many
    instances of it show up and where.

    Rick

    > This is occurring with every application I stick into a
    > startup folder and with multiple users. If I put a
    > shortcut to calc.exe in my startup folder, when I log in,
    > 2 instances of the application start up. Any other ideas,
    > I'm really at a lost.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    erm....
    don't you mean...
    C:\WINNT\Profiles\All Users\Start Menu\Startup and
    C:\WINNT\Profiles\%USERNAME%\Start Menu\Startup ??

    .... this is *supposed* to be a Windows NT newsgroup.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    my point was the All users part - regardless of prefixed directory
    structure.

    Rick

Login Microsoft Windows