Removing NT

How can i remove or upgrade my laptop from Windows NT to
something better i am a student with limited money

Just buy Windows XP and you can upgrade if it the professional version and
during install you can either create a whole new install and remove
everything on the drive or choose the upgrade option to keep everything on
the drive.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Martyn" <stonerboner_1252@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can i remove or upgrade my laptop from Windows NT to
> something better i am a student with limited money

If the laptop came with NT, there's a good chance that it'll be a bit weak
for XP. What are the specs of the laptop, ie. processor speed, hard drive
size, amount/type of RAM?

Ray at home

"Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just buy Windows XP and you can upgrade if it the professional version and
> during install you can either create a whole new install and remove
> everything on the drive or choose the upgrade option to keep everything on
> the drive.
>
> --
> Scott Harding
> MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server
>
> "Martyn" <stonerboner_1252@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How can i remove or upgrade my laptop from Windows NT to
> > something better i am a student with limited money

You mean there's something better than Windows NT??
LOL.
Honestly, if you have an old laptop and nothing newer than
either Windows NT or Windows 95 will work then you can't
beat the stability of Windows NT over Windows 95... if you
can live without Plug and Play.

Justin

What if you also want to reformat your hard drive? How do
you get to an MS-DOS prompt!?