UK Airfield plan diagrams

Andy

Whilst looking for some links to airfield diagrams, I was pointed to this
site
http://www.ais.org.uk
So I signed up and have access but I don't understand all the jargon and I'm
not finding it easy to get the info I'm looking for here. I'm looking for
plan diagrams of airfields with taxiways labelled but without all the
external info for ILS and VORs and SIDS etc. I just want diagrams of the
runways and taxiways. Gates and ramps also would be nice but not essential.
Am I looking in the right place and if so, where do I find this information
on this site?
If not then are there any other sites for UK airfields that would have this
information?

Andy wrote:
> Whilst looking for some links to airfield diagrams, I was pointed to this
> site
> http://www.ais.org.uk
> So I signed up and have access but I don't understand all the jargon and I'm
> not finding it easy to get the info I'm looking for here. I'm looking for
> plan diagrams of airfields with taxiways labelled but without all the
> external info for ILS and VORs and SIDS etc. I just want diagrams of the
> runways and taxiways. Gates and ramps also would be nice but not essential.
> Am I looking in the right place and if so, where do I find this information
> on this site?
> If not then are there any other sites for UK airfields that would have this
> information?

Hi all,

I happened to be looking for the same thing as Andy recently and
happened upon this site.

http://speedbirdonline.co.uk/charts.html

I feel it has a lot of promise for "Flight Simmers".

All the best,

Perk
Please respond to list, the email is wrong :)>)

Andy wrote:
> Whilst looking for some links to airfield diagrams, I was pointed to this
> site
> http://www.ais.org.uk
> So I signed up and have access but I don't understand all the jargon and I'm
> not finding it easy to get the info I'm looking for here. I'm looking for
> plan diagrams of airfields with taxiways labelled but without all the
> external info for ILS and VORs and SIDS etc. I just want diagrams of the
> runways and taxiways. Gates and ramps also would be nice but not essential.
> Am I looking in the right place and if so, where do I find this information
> on this site?
> If not then are there any other sites for UK airfields that would have this
> information?

Another might be http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2002/uk.php

Perk :)>)

On 20-Mar-2005, "Andy" <notre@l.addy> wrote:

> I just want diagrams of the
> runways and taxiways. Gates and ramps also would be nice but not
> essential.
> Am I looking in the right place and if so, where do I find this
> information
> on this site?

Hi...

You do can find this information on that site..
But you are right.. Not knowing what to look for, makes it a lot more
difficult..

However.. I did signed up as well, and after some trials I managed to get to
the interesting stuff.. ;o)
This is the direct link to the overview of airports..:
http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/html/aipad2.htm

But If you want to find it yourself, then go to "Publications" and choose
"UK AIP".
From here, click the "The UK AIP Package"-link...
Arrived at the "Aeronautical Information Service"-page, choose the "UK AIP"
(once more...), and in the drop-down menu, again hold the mouse on the "UK
AIP".
On the new fold-out menu, hold the mouse on the "Aerodrome Data", then click
"Aerodromes - specific"...

There you go.. :) All UK airports...
When you select a smaller airport, you will only get one page (pdf) with a
chart...
By selecting a larger airport, you will get a hole table with all kinds of
charts for that airport...
From the type of information's you ask for, the charts you seek are called
"Aerodrome Chart - ICAO" or "Aircraft Parking/Docking Chart - ICAO".

Happy flying.. And safe landing... ;-)

Regards
Mikael K

--
Sorry.. no direct reply-email.. ;o)

Andy

Great... a lot more than I wanted but perfect... many thanks!
My printer will be very busy with this stuff.

"Mikael K" <noreply@usenet.com> wrote in message

> On 20-Mar-2005, "Andy" <notre@l.addy> wrote:
>
> > I just want diagrams of the
> > runways and taxiways. Gates and ramps also would be nice but not
> > essential.
> > Am I looking in the right place and if so, where do I find this
> > information
> > on this site?
>
> Hi...
>
> You do can find this information on that site..
> But you are right.. Not knowing what to look for, makes it a lot more
> difficult..
>
> However.. I did signed up as well, and after some trials I managed to get
> the interesting stuff.. ;o)
> This is the direct link to the overview of airports..:
> http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/html/aipad2.htm
>
> But If you want to find it yourself, then go to "Publications" and choose
> "UK AIP".
> From here, click the "The UK AIP Package"-link...
> Arrived at the "Aeronautical Information Service"-page, choose the "UK
AIP"
> (once more...), and in the drop-down menu, again hold the mouse on the "UK
> AIP".
> On the new fold-out menu, hold the mouse on the "Aerodrome Data", then
click
> "Aerodromes - specific"...
>
> There you go.. :) All UK airports...
> When you select a smaller airport, you will only get one page (pdf) with a
> chart...
> By selecting a larger airport, you will get a hole table with all kinds of
> charts for that airport...
> From the type of information's you ask for, the charts you seek are called
> "Aerodrome Chart - ICAO" or "Aircraft Parking/Docking Chart - ICAO".
>
> Happy flying.. And safe landing... ;-)
>

> Regards
> Mikael K
>
> --
> Sorry.. no direct reply-email.. ;o)

Aiport diagrams are available on this site.
After logging in select PUBLICATIONS/UK AIP
On the next page you want to select The UK AIP PACKAGE (in centre of screen)
this goes to the next page.
Next point in order to highlight UK AIP then UK AIP then AERODROME DATA,
then AERODROMES SPECIFIC
click on this, and the next page lists the airports.
Click on this and you get the charts available for this airport, click on
the one you want.
For example Manchester-EGCC you need the Aircraft Parking/Docking Chart this
gives
a plan of taxiways, gates etc.
Sounds complicated the way I have described it but you will find it easy
when you try it