AMD dual core or Intel dual core???

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hey fellas I know a little about computers but don't know too much about them. I do like to game but not a hard core gamer and I would like the dual core because I hate it when I lag if i'm opening up multiple apps and slows me down. But I am kinda leaning toward AMD. I just need to know what kind of hardware to get?? What kind of MOBO, I want the sata 2, 2 gigs of memory, thinking about geting the raptor hd then a regular hd for storage a good video and sound card but no need for the best ones. I'm also thinking about getting a lcd monitor that wont' ghost. Something around 19in or maybe bigger. But first I want too spend it on my new comp before I decide on a new monitor. I do have case already but i'm kinda worried it wont' be compatible with the AMD dual core. The case that I have right now is P4 ready but I guess i'll have to look at the box to make sure it suitable for AMD. Well guys hopefully some where in toms hard ware land there will be some good info that could help me out. I also hear that Intel is better for video coding than AMD, is that a problem??? I just want to have as much as info and doing a lot of research before I get a new comp that will last for a few years. And is there anything new coming out next year that will be like the new thing to have??? Any help would be great. Oh looking to spend around $1000 to $1500. Maybe more.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
In the hear n now, AMD has beaten Intel in the Dual Core chips. Intel version have too many problems with power leakage.

Go get yourself a AMD DC platform with the DFI Landparty NF4 EXPERT Mobo. Get the X2 3800 and OC it up.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
What kind of mobo is the DFI? is it good? I read that gigabyte or asus was good. What do you think about the x2 4200 or 4400? I'm not a big fan of doing Over clocking because of something might go wrong.

Does the DFI support Sata 2?

And my last question when is Intel coming out with there 64 bit processor?

the_guru

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
What kind of mobo is the DFI? is it good? I read that gigabyte or asus was good. What do you think about the x2 4200 or 4400? I'm not a big fan of doing Over clocking because of something might go wrong.

Does the DFI support Sata 2?

And my last question when is Intel coming out with there 64 bit processor?

The DFI motherboard is really good, especially if you are going to OC. And there is no risk in damaging anything if you OC and keep the voltage at normal level.

There are several Intel 64-bits CPUs but they all suck.

the_guru

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2005
Why does it suck? Just curious because i'm want to build a new pc and still deciding.
1. It doesn't have an integrated memory controller like AMD64/Opteron. So the performance isn't that good when it comes to gaming.

2. It's more expensive than the AMD64/Opterons.

3. It requires more power and generates more heat than the AMD64/Opterons.

4. It's harder to OC.