Lost ability to connect to network

Mel

I used to be able to connect my laptop to my desktop pc without any problems
but now I cannot. The desktop syas wireless connected and working etc but
the laptop says it isn't and attempts top repair etc do not work - does
anyonw know if this could be due to microsoft updates - I downloaded service
Pack 2 and others and am wondering if this might be the problem. If it is
what is the answer? I cannot remember, or find, when I downloaded Service
PK2 and when I looked at removing it I got a very long list of programs that
might not work properly. I have tried disabling the automatic configuration
by WIndows but that hasn't made any discernable difference. Help needed and
greatly appreciated - I am pretty ok with computers but networking is a bit
of a mystery to me.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used to be able to connect my laptop to my desktop pc without any
>problems
> but now I cannot. The desktop syas wireless connected and working etc
> but
> the laptop says it isn't and attempts top repair etc do not work - does
> anyonw know if this could be due to microsoft updates - I downloaded
> service
> Pack 2 and others and am wondering if this might be the problem. If it is
> what is the answer? I cannot remember, or find, when I downloaded Service
> PK2 and when I looked at removing it I got a very long list of programs
> that
> might not work properly. I have tried disabling the automatic
> configuration
> by WIndows but that hasn't made any discernable difference. Help needed
> and
> greatly appreciated - I am pretty ok with computers but networking is a
> bit
> of a mystery to me.

I found that a problem, too. Check this article out. It was my answer: