Greyed out thumbnails!

My thumbnails in my computer/explorer are all grayed out - how do i fix
this?

thanks

Hi Matthew,

This is caused by an incorrect thumbnail quality setting in the registry.
Reset the values to defaults using TweakUI
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

TweakUI/Explorer/Thumbnails. Set the slider to 9th point (last but 3)

How do I alter the default size and quality of thumbnail images?:
http://www.winxptutor.com/thumbnails.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

"Matthew" <matt.hanson@talk21.com> wrote in message
My thumbnails in my computer/explorer are all grayed out - how do i fix
this?

thanks

tojohma

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
To restore higher res thumbnail view select all the greyed out images in the folder. Go to File – Properties. Uncheck “Hidden”. Click Apply. Wait for restore process to complete. Your thumbnails are back!
Tweak UI will only work with newly added thumbnails.
Hope this helps.
Tojohma

TRENDING THREADS