Stops booting at blue screen

We had a bad power outage and my workstation won't start
WIN NT 4.0 workstation. At the blue screen, I get this
message:

The Dymanic Link Library winsrv could not be found in the
specified path Default Load Path.

Restart and set the recovery options in the system control
panel or the /CRASHDEBUG system start option. If this
message reappears, contact your system administrator or
technical support group.

I would like to be able to fix the situation without
resorting to reinstall. Next best would be to reinstall
while saving application files.

I tried starting with the emergency repair disk in, but
get a message that that disk is not startable.

I started with an MS/DOS Win98 emergency startup disk and
can then see the hard drive, and can read files on the CD
ROM drive. However, I can't run autorun.exe from the WinNT
CD--get a message that the program won't run in MS/DOS.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Your hard disk is formmated with FAT, this might suggest
why some files got corrupted during a power outage.
First try extracting winsrv.dll from your Windows NT
CD-ROM, or better yet, if you can copy the file from
another workstation that is *using the same service pack
level* then you may have a quick fix as it may just be one
corrupted file.
The ERD diskette is not to be booted from. To use your,
current, update, ERD diskette, you must first start Windows
NT setup from the CD-ROM then use it during the repair process.

Study MS KB article 196603 before use of NT setup repair files option!!!