Problem with share on a BDC after installing new PDC

I just replaced a PDC in my LAN's domain with a new PDC.  Why?
The old machine had a space in the computer's name which caused problems.
The new PDC has been named correctly with no space in its name.  I
did not change nor need to change the domain name.
for a share on the BDC (which hasn't changed) for which there is no password
set.  This occurs during the login script as a 'net use' command is
being issued to set up the mapped drive to the shared folder.
it updated the files in the folder (and subfolders).  I have reapplied
SP6.  Still, however, the users are being prompted for a password.
The administrator account is not being prompted for the password.
non-existent.

 Hi Scott,
scratch.
see it in any network neighboorhood and would have otherwise no indication
a new domain had been created.
did you create the new PDC? If you reinstalled from scratch and chose PDC
during install you have created a whole new domain that all users will
have to rejoin and you'll have to reinstall the current BDC from scratch
to get it into this new domain. The proper way would be to promote your
current BDC to PDC. Take the old PDC offline. Install new box as BDC with
new name and then promote it to PDC after it is up. This is the only way
to replace the PDC w/o creating a whole new domain regardless of what names
or domain name used during install of this new PDC.</font></font>
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">"Cface"
<<a href="mailto:Cface@go.com">Cface@go.com</a>> wrote in message <a href="news:40910EF1.E8FBC21B@go.com">news:40910EF1.E8FBC21B@go.com</a>...I
just replaced a PDC in my LAN's domain with a new PDC.  Why?
The old machine had a space in the computer's name which caused problems.
The new PDC has been named correctly with no space in its name.  I
did not change nor need to change the domain name.
for a share on the BDC (which hasn't changed) for which there is no password
set.  This occurs during the login script as a 'net use' command is
being issued to set up the mapped drive to the shared folder.
it updated the files in the folder (and subfolders).  I have reapplied
SP6.  Still, however, the users are being prompted for a password.
The administrator account is not being prompted for the password.
non-existent.

understood.  thanks again for your assistance!
is the same name as the old domain but the SID's are different so even
if you chose the same domain during install you have a new domain. The
names are only for humans the computers see a big long number called a
SID and this is created when you install a PDC from scratch. You should
notice that you had no users in the new domain on this new PDC and even
if you recreate them you'll have to have all client machines join this
new domain and everyone's profiles will be different etc. Your better off
redoing it the way I suggested which is how it must be done in order to
have no affect on your users and computers. Right now your BDC will not
sync with new domain and bascially you have two domains with the same domain
name but the SID's are different.</font></font>
<<a href="mailto:Cface@go.com">Cface@go.com</a>> wrote in message <a href="news:40913A01.91C2436F@go.com">news:40913A01.91C2436F@go.com</a>... Hi
[...]

to match the new PDC, would that solve the problem with the share?
I have been reviewing a program called NewSID from Sysinternals.com which
claims it can do the job for me easily.
so I can easily match them.