What are the difference between the 3???

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
Hey fellas what are the difference between AMD 64 x2 (dual core i know that much lol), Operton and amd fx series? Which is best or better and why??? God so many to choose and I can't decide. help my dumb ass lol. :oops:

FX series are AMDs high-end CPUs. X2 are dual core CPUs and Opterons are typically professional workstation CPUs. The s939 Opteron will work in all s939 mobos and are typically great OC chips....why isn't this in the CPU forum and have you tried reading at least a little before asking questions?

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I thought I did put it in the right spot sorry. I'll admit I did look but didtn't find any. Maybe i'll try looking harder. So the FX series is amd high end cpu so, how do they compare to the x2? With the fx series will I be able to multi-task like dl music, open up mulitple pages with out getting any lag?.

You can do those types of things without an FX series CPU. Tell us what your usage will be and we can help guide you to a good decision. Better yet - research/design what you think is a good system and post it in the Homebuilt section. Ask for critiques and you will get some good ideas. Make sure you read the FAQ in that section on how to make a good post.

TRENDING THREADS