Question Macbook pro problems -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saviking

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
macbook pro problems - the time seems to freeze up and when I try to change it all I get is the "busy" circle and I can't change it.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Can you be a little more specific? The time on your desktop freezes or when you go into your time settings the network preferences then it hangs? Does anything else cause the machine to do the same thing?

Saviking

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012

The time that I am talking about is the time in the upper right hand corner of the screen between the battery indicator and the magnifying glass. This also includes the day of the week. Presently it is Thur 6:05 PM and the time on the screen is Wed 11:33 PM. When I try to go up and change it with the mouse all I get is the multi-color whirling circle and I am not able to access it. When I double finger scroll to the screen with the weather, clock calculator, etc. the analog clock has the correct time. When I reboot the machine it initially displays the proper time, but quickly freezes.

johnsonma

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012
Try going into your time a date through the system preferences and see if it still freezes up that way. Also checks for system OS updates. Are you on 10.7 or 10.6 or one of the more outdated OS's? The time at the top right is probably set to update from apple. If you do get into your time and date setting you can always switch it to manual. This happens quite a bit so going with manual might not be all that bad of an idea. The time in your dashboard is set to a different source.

Status
Not open for further replies.