NT Workstation 4.0 SP6A slow for users, ok for administrator

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Thanks for reading this.

I just downgraded my sister's Dell 300MHz machine to NT Workstation 4.0 from
XP, in hope of improving the performance on her older hardware.

She says that it works well when she's logged on as Administrator, but that
it's crawling for any other user, with 1~2 minute intervals for program
launches.

I did a Google search, but no joy: I'd appreciate any insights. TIA.

Bill

--
William Warren
(Filter noise from my return address for direct replies)

Is this a clean install of Windows NT?
Are you using a domain or is/was joined to a domain?
Are you using DHCP, DNS or WINS, or any static
configuration?
What is listed in the Event Viewer after the user logs in?
Does making the use a member of the Administrators group
alleviate the problem?